Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue calf

• 11-03-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hello all,had a blue bull calf at the vet yesterday,he was breathing very heavy and the tounge was out,vet took alook at him and said there was a growth of some sort in the calfs throat,he said it may or may not heal,he then said that its common in blues,anyone here come across this before,,one of my best calfs aswell,typical...:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Iv been using Belgian Blue for the last 8 years or so i suppose to produce well shaped weanlings fit for the italian export market . (or try to :D ). I have never had that particular problem however over the few years i have had them i had the odd calf that wasnt properly functional inside . I had a heifer calf once that had no opening at her vulva so she couldnt urinate :( . My vet told me that you get some wierd cases like this within the belgian blues because they are so genitically modified to have them so muscular that a flaw may occur with their progeny and now and again cases like mine and possibly yours occur ??

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Had you trouble calving wit tat calf. we had a blue bull calf last year
    he was a monster calf, tough to calf him. he was mad blowing and the tongue was out. we had to tube feed him for a few days.
    d vet said it was the stress of calving. we didnt tink he would make it past the first few days but eventually he got stronger and stronger.
    he drank way by himself. Afer a few weeks he went to the mart and made 590:D
    We called him Hope:)
    Good luck wit him.

Advertisement