Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TOR] New Features in 1.2

Options
  • 11-03-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of it? I'm particularly looking forward to all this new legacy stuff!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120308

Hopefully it won't be plagued by bugs for months after it's released :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

i've seen this a while ago and i am very excited with the upcoming stuff-- i think they're going (more or less) the right way...

naysayers will frown and haters will hate but i think it'll look good

note: damn troopers seem like they have some friggin' cool "transformers-look-alike" gear... !

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

waiting to hear what balancing is to occur.

seems to be fairly substantial and across all classes - be it just changing point costs of skills to adding in some new ones .

swtor down at mo - but looking forward to seeing what new skills my maruader gets - hoping for force pull or push - yeah more bloody buttons to press , going to take up the piano after this , should be easier to play = certainly less keys to press :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Patch notes are up. Definitely going to take a while to read through them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

read throughout the notes-- they're putting up so effort but there's so many stuff that is being gimped already it kind of saddens me--

a lot of the skills being changed and i don't see significant changes to my juggernaut-- but i suppose i need to play it first before i pass any judgement--

on another note, 8 man raids are almost completed ! 5/5 KP NiM with only Soa NiM left to down (we had a 21% attempt with lady luck playing tricks) -- hopefully we'll get him before the patch, as I don't want to down nerfed content-- we've been clearing hard-modes for the last 4 weeks and all i have besides columi gear is rakata head/shield-- they fixing the loot might help here a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

gotta say, as much as i gave out about the game intially, thats a marvellous patch. They have fixed SO MANY things that should have been fixed for release.

It might be too late, but at least they have shown theyre willing to put up their hands and admit they were wrong about a lot of things and fix them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just hope it's not a case of 'damage done'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dont think so, the majority of people were waiting for the first major patch before they reserve judgement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Vicxas wrote: »
    I dont think so, the majority of people were waiting for the first major patch before they reserve judgement
    Over 2 million boxes sold and 1.7 million current players including trial period accounts as of February 1st (as per EAs announcement); I'd say that the damage has definitly been done. I'm forecasting below 1 million subscribers before the end of the year but I hope I'm proven wrong (more big MMOs is better for the future of the over all market).

Now this is also why EA should be concerned; the below graph are MMOs with above 1 million subscribers; note how they all tend to be increasing and then hit the peak and go on a long term decline. SWTOR appears to have hit that peak already which is what should scare EA.

Subs-1.png

Above chart is from MMOData.net which is the best tracking source I'm aware off for MMO subscriptions.

See the problem with TOR was that it offered little in end game content. If EA and Bioware build on this then the userbase and subscribers will stabilise.

Alot of the fans are staying for the lore and storylines, thats whats drawn me to play it.

I dont think EA need to worry just yet but they do need to beef up their end product, or they'll risk whats happening with WoW after Cataclysm expansion pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

A great looking patch overall, as an Arsenal-spec Mercenary I'm rubbing my hands together in rather maniacal glee. I was hoping Juggs and Guardians would get the AoE threat generation they needed to bring them back into contention with the other main tanks but maybe what they've got so far will do the job.

Hopefully this, along with a bit more love given to Open PvP and Endgame will bring back in all those subscribers who've let the game slide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

I'm really hoping that there's some sort of fix for 9000 error disconnects. Tried to play the other night and was disconnected twice in the space of 25 minutes.

Patch is out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Ranked Warzones have been dropped from the 1.2 patch. Instead they will be introduced in phases. I'm not overly disappointed with this.

Overall im happy with the patch, There were some good numbers returning to the servers yesterday. Hopefully the game ressurects.

Would be kind of pissed if i had a lvl49 character :P
    Bioware are giving every active account with a level 50 player 30 days of free game time and a tauntaun pet, and offering players that’ve left 7 days of free game time to try out the new features in patch 1.2.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120412-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah I got the free 30 days.

Actually just got a BH to 50 yesterday on Basilisk, as the server I once played on with my Sage is completely dead, a server that used to have hour long queues to get into. Last time I logged on, the Republic Fleet had 6 people on it at 7pm! Here's hoping 1.2 makes me want to keep playing this character at level 50, because I really can't be arsed levelling another character at this stage.

The 30 days free is a good idea, as I wasn't sure if I was going to renew. Hopefully it'll keep people sticking around to use 1.2 and maybe attract a few people who left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Got the 30 free days, though funnily enough i might have to pay to get to them - only have 4 days left on my account atm, and the 30 days is supposed to kick by the 24th.

Still, free time for the most potentially disenfranchised players is clever - people without 50s still have levelling to do, and broadly that's good enough to keep people on it;s own merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Lol, i'm really kicking myself. Played various characters since January yet not one level 50.

PvP is kinda screwed up now too. You get barely anything for losing anymore ( republics gona get even worse at pvp now.)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really hope the number of people playing long term improves because the game totally deserves to have more people in it. Such an excellent game but it will be hard for people to keep going with planets so empty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive been given 7 days free time for being a past subscriber.
    Tried to log in but it said it asked for a security code.
    The problem is i removed the security key authenticator from my account before i unsubbed :rolleyes:
    However 5 mins on the phone with support sorted everything, i must say they were rather excellent.

Back to the game, i just hope this patch makes me enjoy the game, i wasnt willing to resub to see that the patch brought so the 7 days is welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the game cant be played today anyway due to server issues, it will be back at midnight and we all get an extra day added on for free because of today's downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone else get an email from a companion begging them to relog, lol they are getting desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I heard they are offering a free 30 days to LV 50's. That doesn't sound good.

Gonzo wrote: »
    really hope the number of people playing long term improves because the game totally deserves to have more people in it. Such an excellent game but it will be hard for people to keep going with planets so empty.

Agreed. The main gripe i have with swtor is the empty servers. It really doesn't feel much like an mmo for the mostpart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I logged in just now and the place is a total ghost town @ 7pm on a Saturday evening.

Dcully wrote: »
    I logged in just now and the place is a total ghost town @ 7pm on a Saturday evening.

It'll be a lot of server mergings it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

i do wish they would just get on with it an merge the servers. The Game is fine, just so many people took their ball and went home, understandably since the game was rushed by EA. So now they should hurry up and merge them b4 they start pissing more people off with low populations.

yeah it doesnt really feel like an mmo with such a lack of players, the empty servers is the worst bit but then there is also a lack of anything on sale in the auction house and I tried pvp a few times but the wait is long because nobody is playing and when the pvp game does start it ends after 2 minutes due to not enough players. They really need to merge the servers now. The patch has fixed many problems which were annoying but unfotunately I havent notice any increase in player numbers since it came out and I dont see a sudden increase in players any time soon unless they go free to play.

The worst thing is groups. Haven't done a FP in months on any of my characters on Basilisk Droid (rep side)

• Advertisement

I was on Nightmare lands servers last night and there were some good numbers, But still, these server mergers need to happen, such low population again will force me to quit.

Advertisement