Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TOR] New Features in 1.2

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If anything this free time has proven i was dead right to cancel my subs after my initial 30 days,ghost town is an understatement.
    Total disaster from bioware, GW2 will do serious harm to a game already in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Dcully wrote: »
    If anything this free time has proven i was dead right to cancel my subs after my initial 30 days,ghost town is an understatement.
    Total disaster from bioware, GW2 will do serious harm to a game already in serious trouble.

I totally agree. The only thing that might save them at this point is if they went F2P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

Dcully wrote: »

even though i'm a bit of a fanboy regarding star-wars, i must admit that both GW2 and D3 will harm seriously star-wars

they keep making the same mistakes and, even after the patch, a lot of the "bad things" weren't really addressed-- they were just covered a bit with sugar

the new raid is good fun but i wonder for how long-- i love the game but i keep saying that, with all the time they had to prepare it, they could have come up with something so much better-- doesn't seem to be that many thinking outside the box--

then again... frek it: we're still going 'explosive conflict-hardmode' in a couple of hours :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not only will the game be under treat from GW2 and Diablo 3 but also Warcraft:Mists of Pandoria, MOP is currently on a massive beta testing with so many players trying it out. Any time i log into the beta theres 100s of players at the start zone with a total jam of players trying to get their early quests done. Handing out 30 extra days to high level players is not gonna fix the insanely low numbers, they need to merge servers, introduce either a f2p model or at least offer the first 20 levels free to everyone similiar to other mmo's. The game is really good but so many players havent tried it. This game wasnt even on my radar untill I decided to try out the free weekend and got hooked straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

i wouldn't put much money on the MOP-- but, then again, wow had enough mileage under the belt (no matter how bad that might sound) to pull that stunt-- sw doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MOP isnt gonna crack this game, It'll be Guild Wars 2 that puts the nail in this coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

On Sunday evening I found about 70 players fighting over the Rakghouls dailies in Tatooine. This was on Basilisk Droid server. I hadn't that much open world pvp fun since southshore.

On Sunday evening I found about 70 players fighting over the Rakghouls dailies in Tatooine. This was on Basilisk Droid server. I hadn't that much open world pvp fun since southshore.

The problem is that this is a bloody rare occurance lately, But i did actually manage to get the Dromund Kass heroics done for the first time in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

So how is the game nowadays?

I left because 1.2 did nothing for Open World pvp, and I had very little interest in pve raiding.
    I see the servers are suffering from low population issues which should be somewhat addressed by merges.. But beyond that, do PVE folks have a game they are happy with?
    Is there a 1.3 planned etc?

1.3 Is coming soon enough. No ETA as of yet.

As for PVP its still pretty much the same. Server mergers are a long way away apparently as they're focusing on other things. The game is a bit better but Rome wasnt built in a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Worth noting that free transfers are coming soon from certain dead servers to certain highly populated ones, and vice versa, looks like the plan is to even them out, get a certain number of servers well populated and then eventually close the dead ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I'm still having fun in the game (mainly learning swtor pvp in war zones). However it still doesn't feel like an mmo to me outside the war zones. I don't play that often due to other priorities. But when summer comes i'll be able to tell better if the game still has much appeal.

Advertisement