Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord visit?

Options
  • 11-03-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi, my landlord is due to come visit in a few hours time. I've never met heh before as it was done through an agency so Im looking forward to meeting her. Just wondering though, is it the norm for her to come and visit? I hope she's not selling as we love the house and also will she go into all the rooms, bedrooms?
    It's no problem if she does i just want to know what to expect!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

CarMe wrote: »
    Hi, my landlord is due to come visit in a few hours time. I've never met heh before as it was done through an agency so Im looking forward to meeting her. Just wondering though, is it the norm for her to come and visit? I hope she's not selling as we love the house and also will she go into all the rooms, bedrooms?
    It's no problem if she does i just want to know what to expect!

check out http://public.prtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

Your landlord is legally entitled to carry out an inspection at reasonable intervals, as long as she gives notice in advance. She will probably want to go into the bedrooms as she needs to see what condition the entire property is in. However stuff like opening drawers or rummaging around your possessions is beyond what I would see as a reasonable inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Your landlord is legally entitled to carry out an inspection at reasonable intervals, as long as she gives notice in advance. She will probably want to go into the bedrooms as she needs to see what condition the entire property is in. However stuff like opening drawers or rummaging around your possessions is beyond what I would see as a reasonable inspection.
    Thanks for the reply, ah i know she's entitled and it doesn't bother me at all i just really hope it's not to up the rent or anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Thanks for the reply, ah i know she's entitled and it doesn't bother me at all i just really hope it's not to up the rent or anything :(

If you are in the middle of a fixed term lease then you have nothing to worry about.

If you dont have a fixed term then its a bit different.

We do have a fixed lease, Phew worry over! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

We do have a fixed lease, Phew worry over! Thanks!

Once you have been in the house for 6 months, you acquire Part 4 rights which allow you to remain in the property for up to four years.

You don't have to sign a new fixed term lease at the expiry of the present one, but it is more secure than a Part 4 in that the landlord can only remove or evict you if you are in breach of your obligations.

With a Part 4 lease, the landlord can gain possession of the property under certain grounds, the two main ones are if he wants it for his own use (or a member of his immediate family) or if he wants to sell it.

Very informative thanks!
    It went really well she just wanted to meet us, i asked would she ever consider rent to buy and she seemed delighted though neither of us knew much about it it's a plus in my eyes because Im very attached to the house!
    She didn't even look around though i did offer her to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Glad everything went well for you. :)

Advertisement