Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evolve Hair Replacement System

• 11-03-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

My OH is considering going to Evolve for a hair replacement system. Has anyone here got any positive / negative feedback in relation to the product or company? The company arranged for him to meet one guy who had it done but this guy was in his 60's and didn't have much 'style' to it! The OH is only 28 so a bit of feedback from younger lads would be great.. Thanks :)

Ps.. If anyone thinks there might be a better forum for this, feel free to let me know. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭glen25

Anyone with any info on the above, I'd love to hear from you. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I viewed their hair pieces on the late late show. Gotta say I wasnt impressed. There was just tooooo much hair on the hairpieces and the frontal lace didnt show enough realism. They are also very expensive in comparison to online stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

glen25 wrote: »
    My OH is considering going to Evolve for a hair replacement system. Has anyone here got any positive / negative feedback in relation to the product or company? The company arranged for him to meet one guy who had it done but this guy was in his 60's and didn't have much 'style' to it! The OH is only 28 so a bit of feedback from younger lads would be great.. Thanks :)

Ps.. If anyone thinks there might be a better forum for this, feel free to let me know. Cheers

I know someone that has this, a woman, and her hair looks fabulous, I wouldn't have know any different if she had not have told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 turtlr

Hi there,

A little late coming back to this, did you ever get this done?

I had 2 HT with mediocre results. 28 YO and have just ordered a partial system. Looking for some feedback from anyone who has had the experience.

Sick to death of disguising and everything else that comes with it. Such a pain in the arse. Hopefully down the line there will be a cure !!

Hi turtlr.. The OH just got fitted for his second piece last week. He loves it. And I reluctantly have to admit that it looks brilliant. I was very sceptical at the start. But it's very natural and he has gone for the spiked up at the front look. To get a full colour blend I'd advise dying the whole head of hair a colour similar to your natural colour.

What I would advise is that you're open about wearing it. He has embraced it fully and never denies that he has it done. Not that people notice it, they absolutely don't. I'm talking to people that haven't seen him in a long time.

Best of luck with it. You won't regret it. From what I see, they're a great bunch up there. Let us know how it goes.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response.

sounds great and thoroughly looking forward to it, ill let you know how it goes ;-)

WOuld love to see a pic if that was possible, even without face or blocked out or something ;-) Getting close to getting my own now. probably another 3-4 weeks and im in action

Hey turtlr. PM me your email address and we'll see what we can do ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobo76

I have been painfully pondering this option too. Everytime I get the courage up to call evolve...I end up doing probably the worst thing, looking up the internet and seeing the negative stories. But Im fed up uf trying to hide my male pattern baldness. Fed up of Toppik too! Glen, would you really recommend it? And is there any downsides?

Hi Bobo.. I can only comment on my OH and he loves it. It looks very natural and he has a nice style to it. The one thing I'll say is to embrace it and dont be embarassed by it... Like the poster above feel free to PM in relation to it.

• Advertisement

Bobo,

I have done everything except this option... Im getting it done soon myself. to be honest HT's are ok but not amazin especially if you are looking for full coverage. If its not too thin then it might be an option but you will be using finasteride for life to retain what you have and still probably disguising.

All i can say is this is non invasive and isnt permanent. I spend 100 a month on average to disguise and have spent 10K on HT which is good but I only have the front half of my scalp forever if that makes sense.... Im not a fan of having to take hair from the back either but the upside for me is I have a natural front hairline and will blend it in.

At this stage Im not really too bothered if someone does or doesnt know and I have embraced the fact that I have a hair transplant.

Those who deal with MPB regularly and it affects them (i would personally say at east 8/10 men who it affects are bothered by it).

If you think it will make you feel happier and give you more freedom in life than go for it, and as Glen said embrace it.

One last thing - I think I will probably use this for at least the next 5 - 10 years and at that stage I reckon the advances that are being made in hair restoration and FDA approved stem cell or other treatment will allow for a full head of hair again. if not then ill keep on using it and its for me and how i feel nobody else

Great post Turtlr. One other tip is to find a hair dye near to your natural colour and use it all over. It makes the system blend in a lot more when all the hair is exactly the same colour.

At the end of the day its only a couple of hundred euro and if you dont like it you can take it off and bin it, no harm done.

Good luck with it.

Advertisement