Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Examit geography codes are they worth it?

• 11-03-2012 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Went to buy papers in my local book shop €6 .50 #ripoffireland. I didnt buy them money is tight! Anyone have examit geography or history codes pm me! Much appreciated

Leaving cert prediction geography 3 votes

Earthquakes
    0% 0 votes
    Volcanos
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sports_

Now for the wait :\:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

they dont even do them for history and the geography ones are absolutely awful. just buy a cheaper brand and a revision book.

Thanks i have a revision book it just doesnt cover a key question thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I wouldn't bother, to be honest - I remember the examit sample answers for geography being awful - I highly doubt they'd even scrape a C, nevermind an A answer!

You would be better getting a revision book (there was a good one when I did Geography, called Exam Skills by Sue Honan, that was in 2010, I'm not sure if it's still up to date!), or just writing up your own sample answers using the book and using those to study! The marking scheme for geography is quite clear, once you gauge what is and isn't an SRP (significant relevant point).

Also your poll doesn't make a lot of sense! It's possible earthquakes and volcanoes can both appear, or neither can appear, and even if one of them appears, they aren't all that different (you are still describing tectonic movements, only they are different tectonic movements in this case). Plate tectonics may seem boring, but it's definitely a good one to revise, it's usually easy marks and although not a *guaranteed* question by any means, it's unusual for it not to be there as a 30mark.

Ye thanks i have that book its good theres an answer missing though thats why i was looking for the code. Its us usually volcanos or earthquakes i think it might be earthquakes this year

• Advertisement
Advertisement