Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repetitive Posting

Options
  • 11-03-2012 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

Is it against the rules?

If there's a user who is responding to a few posts in the one sitting - one after another so they have 2/3/4 replies in a row. If the user has already been asked (albeit not by a mod) to use the multiquote function and was shown how to use it, but still refuses to (and acknowledges that they simply don't want to use it) is there anything that can be done? It's very annoying when the user in question posts large blocks of text, and even on ignore you will get the "This user has been ignored" box being repeated.

Can users be forced to use multiquote if they're constantly posting repetitive replies? I thought the multiquote was brough in for a reason :(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Is it against the rules?

If there's a user who is responding to a few posts in the one sitting - one after another so they have 2/3/4 replies in a row. If the user has already been asked (albeit not by a mod) to use the multiquote function and was shown how to use it, but still refuses to (and acknowledges that they simply don't want to use it) is there anything that can be done? It's very annoying when the user in question posts large blocks of text, and even on ignore you will get the "This user has been ignored" box being repeated.

Can users be forced to use multiquote if they're constantly posting repetitive replies? I thought the multiquote was brough in for a reason :(
    If they've been warned by a mod, just report the offending posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

El Weirdo wrote: »
    If they've been warned by a mod, just report the offending posts.

Well that's kind of what I'm wondering - if it's against the rules. It hasn't been reported yet because I don't know if it's even an offence! The poster in question has been told that it's annoying and cluttering the thread, but not by a mod, just by a user on the thread and was even shown how to use the multiquote function properly. When asked why he doesn't use it, he simply says he doesn't want to.

Well that's kind of what I'm wondering - if it's against the rules. It hasn't been reported yet because I don't know if it's even an offence! The poster in question has been told that it's annoying and cluttering the thread, but not by a mod, just by a user on the thread and was even shown how to use the multiquote function properly. When asked why he doesn't use it, he simply says he doesn't want to.
    Apologies. I must've skimmed over that part in your OP.

It is annoying though, and I am certain that some posters do it because they know it annoys others.

Report it ta fuck, I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's no rule that I am aware of, however if it is disrupting the flow of the thread the mod can take action. Report the post & ask the mods what they think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd put all my savings (€48.56) on a bet as to whom the poster in question is.

In fairness though, you can't multi-quote on the phone. Perhaps a function worth introducing for Boards Touch?

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    I'd put all my savings (€48.56) on a bet as to whom the poster in question is.
    I think I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down there sister. I thought the very same thing when I first read the OP.;)

Although I think JaMarcus Hustle is on about an entirely different poster, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,140 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There's a point where it becomes trolling, IMHO.

Advertisement