Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first overclock

Options
  • 11-03-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hi guys im just after installing a NOCTUA NH-D14 CPU cooler for my i7 930.

I have turbo mode enabled so i get 22x even though it says 21x multiplier (i think :)), i have the BCLK set to 182 so im getting 4004 Mhz at the moment, whats worrying me is that my temps seem to be in the 75-80 range while stress testing with prime, is this bad? i tired to lower the Vcore (now at 1.2870 V)but kept getting the BSOD so that was a no go.

Ive had no errors in prime with about an hour of testing its just my temps worrying me, does hyper-threading increase temps much? and is it even worth having on?

any help or advice would be great

btw ive a haf 922 case, but i havnt added any extra fans so could that help lower temps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

hi guys im just after installing a NOCTUA NH-D14 CPU cooler for my i7 930.

I have turbo mode enabled so i get 22x even though it says 21x multiplier (i think :)), i have the BCLK set to 182 so im getting 4004 Mhz at the moment, whats worrying me is that my temps seem to be in the 75-80 range while stress testing with prime, is this bad? i tired to lower the Vcore (now at 1.2870 V)but kept getting the BSOD so that was a no go.

Ive had no errors in prime with about an hour of testing its just my temps worrying me, does hyper-threading increase temps much? and is it even worth having on?

any help or advice would be great

btw ive a haf 922 case, but i havnt added any extra fans so could that help lower temps?

With that cooler at them temps while running prime this seems normal at 4ghz at in and around 1.3v

Advertisement