Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campervan parts

• 11-03-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

How is it going lads,
    Bought a camper there a couple of months back and need to find somewhere to get spares for the body itself. The door on the side is a split door, and the bottom section needs replacing. It's not really repairable as the frame seperated from the core and I can't see how it could be fixed without doing more damage.

The camper is a compas drifter 460 on a 95 Peugeot boxer chassis.

Does anyone know where I could get a lower door for it, or better yet, if anyone knows of one being scrapped etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

best thing to do is post a pic of what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

Thanks, lower half of the side door seen here,
    15odmx4.jpg

Don't know if doors are a standard size or design or if they vary wildly...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

Alan b. wrote:
    Thanks, lower half of the side door seen here,
    15odmx4.jpg

Don't know if doors are a standard size or design or if they vary wildly...

I don't know if they are standard or not. I have a scrap caravan, if you give me the diminsions, I ll check it out for you

Can anybody help me find cooker rings for 1987 dethleffs motorhome. I have tried numerous caravan ones, but none of them suit. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Have a chat with Derek at www.camperrepaircentre.com. If you fail to find this link google Derek Walsh Camper repairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

PJ , what do they look like? I have some bits and bobs at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

I can't measure up myself at the min as its off having a repair carried out and being put through the test. Anywhere I'd find out the dimensions online?

Aidan_M_M wrote:
    PJ , what do they look like? I have some bits and bobs at home.

Thank you. They about 3 inches in diameter. And they fit on over 2 luggs. You push down the ring over the luggs and twist it a few degrees to keep it on.

Alan b. wrote:
    I can't measure up myself at the min as its off having a repair carried out and being put through the test. Anywhere I'd find out the dimensions online?

I don't know that. But it's going nowhere, so just let me know when u get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

P1040528.jpg

Lads im looking for a camper van window for my camper

The size is 40 centimeters wide by 66 high

ill attach a pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Alan b. wrote: »
    How is it going lads,
    Bought a camper there a couple of months back and need to find somewhere to get spares for the body itself. The door on the side is a split door, and the bottom section needs replacing. It's not really repairable as the frame seperated from the core and I can't see how it could be fixed without doing more damage.

The camper is a compas drifter 460 on a 95 Peugeot boxer chassis.

Does anyone know where I could get a lower door for it, or better yet, if anyone knows of one being scrapped etc.

could you not use the 2 part epoxy resin that they use for fixing soft caravan floors?,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

smurph10 wrote: »
    P1040528.jpg

Lads im looking for a camper van window for my camper

The size is 40 centimeters wide by 66 high

ill attach a pic

I hope you find a second hand one. a new one will be very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

CamperMan wrote: »
    could you not use the 2 part epoxy resin that they use for fixing soft caravan floors?,

I second that epoxy will be 10 times the strength that it was. You can use a hypodermic needle to inject epoxy for an invisible repair.

Advertisement