Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philadelphia Chocolate Cheese.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Jess16 wrote: »
    Chocolate, chocolate -some people would eat their Granny if she was called chocolate!

How do you know what I call my Granny?

That was just pillow talk, it wasn't supposed to go any further...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

later12 wrote: »
    Eggs, digestive biscuits, and fruit when you think about it tbh. Sounds like something a very drunk toddler would conjure up.

Condensed milk, cream. (Unless you were talking about cheesecake) Do desserts have to complicated to be nice? Fruit crumble is one of the easiest desserts to make and I find it hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

later12 wrote: »
    How do you know what I call my Granny?

That was just pillow talk, it wasn't supposed to go any further...
    Bad mental images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Dudess wrote: »
    Yep. It's become the generic term for cream cheese. There's no other brand that I know of anyway.

All the supermarkets have their own cream cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

robman60 wrote: »
    I felt physically ill after seeing the add for the first time.

Anyone who buys the product should be ashamed of themselves, it's not natural!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HGdgM0---KQ#t=15s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Yep. It's become the generic term for cream cheese. There's no other brand that I know of anyway. Do you have Philadelphia in the States? The cream cheese brand as opposed to the City of Brotherly Love?

Yes we do and it is the predominate brand. I just wasn't sure if this was a Kleenex versus tissue or Hoover versus vacuum type thing or not.

Just don't call it a Philly or you'd be referring to this:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Sandwiches/PhiladelphiaCheeseSteak.JPG

Which oddly enough doesn't use cream cheese.

Today is such a nom nom nom day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

1 of my favourite sandwiches is strawberry jam and fried egg with soft yoke, but I now think this could be a new product to try with my fried egg.
    absolutely sick :eek:

*pours brown sauce into tea*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

God made Adam and Eve, not Chocolate and Cheese

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I feel sick at the very thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I've had it a few times and it tastes the same as chocolate spread, with the same consistency too.

But I always pause slightly before eating as I can't stop thinking that it's cheese.
    I generally don't like most cheeses, and the thought of is never pleasant, for most people I imagine.

Just the word is nasty.

"Cheese."

They should just call it "Philadelphia Chocolate Spread," and not give people thoughts of chocolate and cheese together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Can't believe Jennifer Saunders would stoop so low to advetise this s**t.

I'm pretty sure Edina Monsoon would though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

It's really good especially on the pancakes on pancake Tuesday yum !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I opened the tub..

dipped my finger in..

and finished off the tub with my finger.

sticky fingers, but it was worth it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Just tried some there. I hate Philadelphia, but do like chocolate.

I would eat a tub of this with a spoon, and nobody would be able to stop me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mucky.Bucky

I never had it but it sounds like chocolate cheesecake in a tub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep. It's become the generic term for cream cheese. There's no other brand that I know of anyway. Do you have Philadelphia in the States? The cream cheese brand as opposed to the City of Brotherly Love?

Yes we do and it is the predominate brand. I just wasn't sure if this was a Kleenex versus tissue or Hoover versus vacuum type thing or not.
    I think it is here. Like you'd see recipes saying Philadelphia instead of cream cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

If it tastes like chocolate cheesecake, then is putting it on toast not slightly wrong?

I have some in the fridge, but after reading this thread I really don't know whether to eat it with ice cream or smoked salmon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

mackeire wrote: »
    I opened the tub..

dipped my finger in..

and finished off the tub with my finger.

sticky fingers, but it was worth it.

Things I do to my girlfriend thread >>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,451 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It's because Kraft bought Cadbury and had to merge their main products to pretend it wasn't just an asset stripping takeover!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sounds like a spreadable turd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The lame ad was just on.... how about you pretend it is a stupid idea, but force yourself to try it and then are surprised it is actually really good...

Like that hasn't been done a hundred times before. :rolleyes::D

Don't even know why anyone would think it's weird. Cream cheese is bland and can go with either sweet or savoury and it's a common ingredient in a multitude of desserts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah cream cheese works well when sweetened. As icing on carrot cake and cupcakes - yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Someone needs to throw a poll on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, yes - it was the first cream cheese brand in the USA, named after the city where it was created in 1880. Since Kraft now own Cadbury's I suppose it was inevitable they'd put them together at some point.

I got a tub a couple of weeks ago (€1 at Tesco) and it was OK on rye bread, but nothing spectacular. Chocolate doesn't automatically mean "sweet stuff" - for example, I've chocolate stout beer before, in London.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I bought a tub. It's nice on cream crackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

bought it today in Tesco, the sample pack..got home and realised i've no idea what to eat it with..I don't even eat the normal one and have never bought Philadelphia...damn you Jennifer Saunders..what do you even eat it with..crackers or something is it?:confused: i don't have any of them in the press either

on another note: anyone want to buy some cheap Chocolate Philadelphia from me? anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Toast!

snuggles09 wrote: »
    bought it today in Tesco, the sample pack..got home and realised i've no idea what to eat it with..I don't even eat the normal one and have never bought Philadelphia...damn you Jennifer Saunders..what do you even eat it with..crackers or something is it?:confused: i don't have any of them in the press either

on another note: anyone want to buy some cheap Chocolate Philadelphia from me? anyone??

Eat it on a digestive for an instant mini chocolate cheesecake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

did you know the irish word tiochaidh actually means 'cheesy bellend' in english

• Advertisement

Do you have plain bagels or croissants? You can smear a bit of cream cheese on them and then a bit of strawberry jam. Quite lovely.

You can also make a lovely fruit dip or a charlie brown pie. Mmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It sounds like dung tbh. And as for Nutella....I`d rather eat a jar of shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

nothing worse than watching someone eating a Nutella sandwich and all the bits of bread and chocolate getting stuck in their teeth.had a friend in school ate it constantly, put me off it for life

Whoops... y'all don't have graham crackers over there, right? I remember looking at Tesco but never found them.

If you got some, you could mix cream cheese, graham crackers, and peanut butter to create a pie crust, then whip up some chocolate pudding, and top off with some whipped cream.

Tada! Charlie Brown Pie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Both of them would be nutty. Kudos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

wrong forum:rolleyes:

but it just is revolting......
    like cheese cake...yuck

Whoops... y'all don't have graham crackers over there, right? I remember looking at Tesco but never found them.

If you got some, you could mix cream cheese, graham crackers, and peanut butter to create a pie crust, then whip up some chocolate pudding, and top off with some whipped cream.

Tada! Charlie Brown Pie.

Graham crackers are the same as Digestive biscuits.

Well, more or less.

iguana wrote: »
    Graham crackers are the same as Digestive biscuits.

No, I didn't think so.

No, I didn't think so.

No really. They were originally the same biscuit but the American pallet has become incredibly sweet and GC biscuits became sweeter and sweeter over the years to accommodate that whereas Digestives stayed more or less the same.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    No really. They were originally the same biscuit but the American pallet has become incredibly sweet and GC biscuits became sweeter and sweeter over the years to accommodate that whereas Digestives stayed more or less the same.

But, that's like saying Coke and Pepsi are the same thing considering that they were both carbonated beverages made from the kola nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

mfceiling wrote: »
    Probably like giving your sister a lick out.....tastes alright but you know it's wrong...

Ah jaysuz.... Your post is just wrong...

But, that's like saying Coke and Pepsi are the same thing considering that they were both carbonated beverages made from the kola nut.

Well they are both cola. Even Samuel Graham described his crackers as a digestive biscuit on his advertisements of them. They are just different brands of the same thing. If you eat different brands of digestive biscuit here they all taste somewhat different too. They are just different brands of the same product. Here there are lots of brands of the same type of biscuit, with McVities probably dominating the market, while in the States Graham Crackers dominate the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

bought it today in Tesco, the sample pack..got home and realised i've no idea what to eat it with.

A spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

Phillie are failing badly with their "Look at many different ways you can cook with it" drive. None of the suggestions are remotely appetising.

Step One Make some fresh pasta
    Step Two Grill some vegetables and garlic
    Step Three POUR LOADS OF CREAM CHEESE ALL OVER THE THING OM NOM NOM

they all look manky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This stuff is NOM! I couldn't imagine it til I tried it, but it tastes kind of like the stuff you get in a choc-dip :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users Posts: 12 d2x2

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Can't believe Jennifer Saunders would stoop so low to advetise this s**t.

My thought exactly and I wonder if she's ever had to eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Buceph wrote: »
    What's this!?! GARLIC! ON BREAD!?!

Geeearlic bread??

Haven't tried it yet....might scoff a tub tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MeMeJK1

Great stuff! OM NOM NOM :D

Advertisement