Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management company in apartment complex

Options
  • 11-03-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

i own a one bed apartment in a complex in dublin (serious negative equity!!)
    anyways had the management company send a letter around to say that i cannot have a chair and small table on my patio as it breaks the complex's rules!
    what can these management companies do in the event that i ignore their petty request?

incidently, what happens if you refuse to pay their €1500 yearly maintance fees?

really justing looking to guage what powers they have to act.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

kdowling wrote: »
    !
    what can these management companies do in the event that i ignore their petty request?

incidently, what happens if you refuse to pay their €1500 yearly maintance fees?

You are part of the management company!!! You need to realise your powers and obligations, under the terms of the contract you signed when buying your unit.

What can they do? They can enter the balcony and remove the items. They can charge you the admin fee involved in such work too.

What happens if you don't pay? They can take you to court and will win right away. They can take your unit off the block insurance, which will cause you problems with your bank under the terms of your mortgage contract. There is a lot they can do.

Advertisement