Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facetime "Black Screen" Problems Over 3G (Jailbroken iPhone)

• 11-03-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm having problems connecting with Facetime running on 3G. Recently when the call connects the audio is fine but it has a black screen on both sides. It works perfect over WiFi.
    The phone is jailbroken but has worked fine over 3G in the past.
    I'm wondering if one of the repos on Cydia is in need of an update :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Anyone out there got any help on this matter :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭squonk

All bets are off with Facetime over 3G. it's not supported on 3G and, yes, I've got it working in a non jailbroken phone if I plug a wireless 3G dongle into a router but it's not perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

squonk wrote: »
    All bets are off with Facetime over 3G. it's not supported on 3G and, yes, I've got it working in a non jailbroken phone if I plug a wireless 3G dongle into a router but it's not perfect.

I forgot to state in the OP. I had face time working over 3G with the help of 3G Unrestrictor

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mine works out. I edited my FaceTime plist to allow 3G connection, as oppose to using 3G unrestrictor. I'll see if I can root out the steps and see does that work.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Here you go:

Step 1: You will need a file editor/viewer. I use iFile

Step 2: Browse through to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

Step 3: Open the file named N90AP.plist

Step 4: Underneath

<key>capabilities</key>
    <dict>

enter

<key>3Gvenice</key>
    <true/>

whilst taking care not to leave any line spaces.

Step 5: Save. Restart phone and you should be good to go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement