Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGs log-orama

Options
  • 11-03-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Have to say I love this idea. Forget about the training log or the swimming log, it's all about books man!

So far this year, the books that i've really enjoyed are:
    Shantaram by Gregory Roberts. Stunning story, vividly written, but a bit too verbose and long winded at times

Public Enemies by Bernard-Henri Levy & Michel Houellebecq. Fascinating correspondence between 2 friends about life, politics, society, art. great social commentary.

The Serialist by David Gordon. Pulp fiction detective style novel. Great start & middle, but weak ending.

As a departure, while groping for something to read, I read a cookbook I received for Xmas called 'The Ginger Pig' . Really really interesting read that centers around a pig farm in England. very informative about proper animal husbandry and rearing etc.. in a most ethical way, the animals we put on our table. Detailed as well what one should look for in different cuts of meat from various animals. oh and the recipes look fabulous. mmmm

After a few false starts with crappy books, I've settled into 'On the road' by Jack Kerouac. Love the 'Beat' writers!

Advertisement