Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i go up 200 points

• 11-03-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I got 233 in my mocks do i need a large amount of work.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did you work for the mocks?
    What points do you need for your course?
    Are you capable of getting the points you need?
    How many higher level subjects are you doing?

If you don't put in the work it won't happen.
    That said, it's pointless trying to aim for 400+ points if you are the sort of student, who, while trying their hardest, just passed OL in the JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If you got those points and failed any of your mocks, then it makes it easier to go up a lot of points, as just passing one extra subject will bring you up 45 points.

It's very difficult to improve by that much, but not impossible, especially if you did no work whatsoever for the mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Definitely. I got 230 in the mocks and got 425 in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Definitely. I got 230 in the mocks and got 425 in the real thing.
    did you study really hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Weetbix wrote: »

We should compete. I did ****e in my mocks, likely failed a few subjects, and I need roughly 450

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

How did you get 233? Points go in 5's. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

lainey108 wrote: »
    did you study really hard?

Honestly no not at all, went to 1 3 hour grind in the institute for physics which got me from a fail to B2. Then just did study the week of before the leaving cert. However, not trying to sound big headed but I would be naturally intelligent so might not work for everyone. But if you put your head down now you can definitely make good progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

1. Yes you do need to start doing a lot of work.
    2. Yes it is absolutely attainable, you can go up 200 points if you're willing to put in the work. It's not going to happen by itself.

Advertisement