Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 -Game Week 10 Scheduling **Tuesday-Saturday**

Options
  • 11-03-2012 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Buccaneers (StevoIRE) @ Falcons (Notyalc666)

Eagles (Rizzo412) @ Dolphins (Chicharito1014)

Jets (Berty44) @ Bengals (BigBadRob83)

Packers (Ben SFC) @ Cardinals (ShaneCos11)

Bills (DangerDavo85) @ Ravens (micmclo)

Browns (daftdave41) @ Texans (Pudsy33)

Raiders (asmosis7) @ Lions (Eamonn87)

Cowboys (LargeTacoFries) @ Seahawks (CPU)

Steelers (CPU) @ Jaguars (CPU)

Broncos (daflood) @ Chiefs (CPU)

Redskins (CPU) @ Giants (etloveslsd)

Panthers (CPU) @ Saints (CPU)

Titans (kaiche) @ Colts (sundalic)

Chargers (Specsy) @ Patriots (CPU)

Please remember you have 5 days to play games and to make your availability in this thread. The gameweek starts Tuesday so you have until Saturday inclusive, to play your game.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG I'm aeound Tuesday night , maybe Thursday but def Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

McG I'm aeound Tuesday night , maybe Thursday but def Friday night

I'll be free on Thursday at 9. Friday evening. Wednesday from 6... and probably not on Tuesday (birthday so I think wife is taking me out for dinner).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No worries am not around Tuesday either, Thursday at 9 then for the showdown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bills, when are you free?

I'm good any evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Shane,

I'm off college this week so I'm about during the day if you wanna name one where we can play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul I'm free most of the week after 5.

Jets (Berty44) @ Bengals (BigBadRob83)

Packers (Ben SFC) @ Cardinals (ShaneCos11)

Bills (DangerDavo85) @ Ravens (micmclo)

Cowboys (LargeTacoFries) @ Seahawks (CPU) - This will be tough!

Titans (kaiche) @ Colts (sundalic)

Some very good match ups for next week.
    Big game for me taking the trip the the Colts

However Bills @ Ravens will be a good but Packers @ Cards looks to be game of the week!

Will also be interested to see who wins out between Texans/Browns

Texans Browns is a huge game

Both teams have a shot at a wildcard slot, a win here will be huge in the race

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dolphins available most nights

Some very good match ups for next week.
    Big game for me taking the trip the the Colts

However Bills @ Ravens will be a good but Packers @ Cards looks to be game of the week!

Someone do a preview :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have any of you played the Seahawks yet then? I've heard a lot about how they're a very tough CPU team, I struggled big time against the Saints too so I'm not looking forward to this one!

I'm not witty like Dave, he is the master but I'll have a go

Will the NFC playoffs go through Lambeau or University of Phoenix Stadium?
    This game could go a long way to deciding it, lets have a look

Offense

Packers
    I pity the defense that has to face this juggarnaut, Packers offense are first in yards [4th passing, 7th rushing] and this consistency will have defences guessing and afraid to sell out for the run or the pass.
    This is also shown where the Packers are 2nd in the league for first downs.
    However I spy a weakness, Packers are 19th in the league for third down conversions. But we're talking about just a few percent on this stat so it's not hugely significant.
    The consistent high performance is shown with Jake Locker, Reggie Wayne and Ray Rice in the top five in the league for their positions.
    I wouldn't say the Packers have household names for offensive lineman but it's consistently strong with ratings in the eighties across the line

Cardinals
    Cards are 10th for the pass and 16th for the run combining to 10th overall for offensive yards.
    This is an agressive team who like to take long shots down the field. Matt Ryan may have just 57.4 percent completion record and is 9th among human controlled QB for yards per completion at 14.9yd. But among these agressive QB's only Vick for the Rams and Locker for the Packers have more yds completed.
    Matt Ryan likes to attack downfield, this contributes to a high passing yardage but a lower completion percentage. It's working for an 8 - 0 record.
    DeAngelo Williams just outside the top five for rushing and TD's. Williams is versatile and can run outside at 94 speed but is strong enough to run up the middle at 217 lbs.

Defense

Packers
    Green Bay are 7th against the pass and 15th against the run, maybe the run heavy Lions will have some succuss?
    Back ontopic Packers are about league average with 11 picks and 3 forced fumbles but are a mighty third in the league with 28 sacks.
    Packers are strong across the field and one example is the sacks are coming from the Dline, linebackers and secondary about equally, Adam Carricker LE leading the team with 6.

Cardinals
    It's all about the turnovers here with Cardinals second in the league with for sacks, only the mighty Jets ahead of them. And Cardinals have an incredible 23 picks, best in the league which will be sending Brandon Merriweather FS and Charles Woodson CB to the probowl.
    Cards are fifteenth again the pass and twentieth against the run so while a lot of yardage is conceded the turnovers are making up for it and this is why the Cards are unbeaten.

Prediction

Both teams have strong offenses and run and pass with success

If I could point out a weakness it's the Packers defensive tackles, Packers are average against the run and the strongest DT is in the seventies. They may have a mighty pass rush but is there opportunity to straight up the gut with power football?

Cards D do give up a lot of yards and can't always rely on this incredible turnover rate they have.

Cardinals are an aggressive team and despite their attacking style only have ten interceptions which is in the bottom third and three of those came last week.
    But the Packers are fantastically balanced and if they can establish the run on first down it's near impossible to predict what playcal will come next. Though odds are it'll involve Ray Rice.

Tight game but I'm going with the experienced playoff performer
    Who knows, this matchup may be the NFC Championship game in a few weeks

Packers +6

Mike! me next me next!!:D

Paully D wrote: »
    Have any of you played the Seahawks yet then?

They're beatable

I lost by three points but I missed a FG and threw two redzone picks :rolleyes:
    I don't mind when I'm well beaten but I realy threw this game away

I'm pretty sure I got three forced fumbles in that game which was good so put a bounty on their HB and QB and crush them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pudsy/Texans.

When are you around. Anytime should be ok other than Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon/early evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Mike hows Tuesday night for ya ?

Good review! You wanna repost it on the madden thread in AF as well. show people why they should be joining :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    Raoul I'm free most of the week after 5.

Perfect. Around 5 is the best time for me. I will let you know on Tuesday for definite.

Tuesday night is grand

Provisionally say seven pm?

But I'm around all evening so anytime is grand

Could be a vital game for a wildcard spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Jets v. Bengals is scheduled for Tuesday evening, could be another nail in the coffin of Bengals chances to repeat as AFC North champs.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Tuesday night is grand

Provisionally say seven pm?

But I'm around all evening so anytime is grand

Could be a vital game for a wildcard spot

7pm no good got training. Hows 10pm?

• Advertisement

10pm is grand

I'll be ready for the famous Bills run game

Anthony Bryant (DT)
    Baltimore Ravens
    Height: 6’3” Weight: 376 lbs

He's a monster, run on that! :cool:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    10pm is grand

I'll be ready for the famous Bills run game

Anthony Bryant (DT)
    Baltimore Ravens
    Height: 6’3” Weight: 376 lbs

He's a monster, run on that! :cool:

Trading me orton could come back to bite you! Your Lucky Foster is still injured. Danny the hammer woodhead will do just fine!

I do expect smash mouth football though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Mike! me next me next!!:D

Colts -2.5 :p

McG wrote: »
    Colts -2.5 :p

Let's hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pudsy/Texans.

When are you around. Anytime should be ok other than Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon/early evening.

Im actually out of the country until saturday so I think its fairest if I'm removed so you can play cpu.

Well if Dave can play Saturday I think the human v human should go ahead..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just looking at paddy's day parade schedules here, the last one I'm in is kicking off at 1500 so I'd say 1700-1730ish would be the earliest I'd be able to get on (allowing for screwups and such).

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

ill be able to play anytime from tuesday onwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Dolphins available most nights
    only night im not working is tomorrow can play anytime except between 19:30 and 21:30

• Advertisement

Shane.C wrote: »
    ill be able to play anytime from tuesday onwards!

Great stuff. I'll be on during the day tomorrow.

Game week will be advanced immediately after Dave and Berty finish their game.

Advertisement