Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gates that open by themselves??

Options
  • 11-03-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have a set on electric gates that I had installed a few years ago. they work perfectly fine most of the time. However i have noticed that they have started to open and close by themselves. they seem to open and then close again as quick. i have a switch in the house that keeps them open if required and if i have them set to open they still open like they are supposed to, its only when i have them closed for normal use that they open by themselves. its very frustrating now as they just open and close randomly. any help advice greatly appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

it could be ur switch goin faulty. does a neighbour have them same brand gates cause their key fobe might be opening urs. hopefully something small like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How do you open the gates when leaving your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishboyuk

i open them by remote control

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It could be a number of things. It could be the remote, the button could be sticking, also check your spare remote that it isn't being accidentally pressed in a drawer somewhere. Remove the batteries and see if the gate still opens. It could be a damaged cable going to the switch or the switch its self or it could be the gate controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Best get it serviced, could be any number of issues which have already been mentioned.
    There's also a safety issue so best get it sorted

• Advertisement
Advertisement