Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where'd all the gaming mITX cases go?

Options
  • 11-03-2012 5:08pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need helpz! :eek:

Is it just me or are all the gaming-oriented mITX cases - and even most of their mATX counterparts - in hiding? Everything on the market either has a custom PSU, abysmal cooling potential (this is a huge issue with sub-€70 mATX cases!) or (most often) aren't even deep enough to fit a graphics card longer than the mobo (a bit of an issue with mITX mobos... :o).

What is anyone else's thoughts on this? And does anyone know of an inexpensive, fairly small case that can take a normal PSU and an average-sized graphics card, such as a HD6850, without costing the earth?

At the moment the Sugo SG07 (and derivatives) is my perfect case... all I need is to find is a secondhand one in good nick that tragically misplaced its bundled PSU (and thus half the insane price tag)...

Alternatively, while I'm trying to avoid any really hardcore modding, are there any really cheap compact, lightweight mATX cases that can be... "repurposed" ...to add some better ventilation? Their main problem is that they never seem to have much more than a single 92mm fan mount... in comparison, you'd usually be paying over €70 for a decent mATX Fractal, or over €90-100 for a similar Sugo SG03/4 or Antec mATX...

Comments

Advertisement