Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Options
  • 11-03-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I only found out this was free on PSN+ yesterday (along with Tribe 2 making PSN+ a great deal this month). I downloaded it and started playing a little earlier. Colour me impressed so far.

I never played the game when it was first out. In fact, I'd never heard of the character before the HD remake came out. I was a little worried that the controls of a ten year old 3D platform we wouldn't hold up. I was wrong. It controls really nicely.

Graphically it is pretty nice too. The art style very nice which really makes the difference of whether old games hold up well or not. Just like Wind Waker on the GameCube. I can't compare it to the original but it is silky smooth in HD.

I'm only an hour or so in but enjoying it. Nice to play something light in tone for a change. Also for Trophy hunters out there this is a must. I've already got 17% of the Trophies. You even get one for pressing start. The only thing I haven't liked is the chatter with Sly's annoying friends.

I'd like to keep playing but Mass Effect 3 is due to arrive tomorrow.

Anyone else like this game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

One of my favourite games on the PS2. Its looks gorgeous in HD, I think the Sly series is actually better than Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I was given the HD collection when it originally came out and the first game in the series was the only one I tried. I just couldn't get into it at all and after about 4 or 5 hours worth of play, I gave up. I just found it so easy that it bored me.

Saying that, the game does look really well in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shewhodoesnot

Oh, i played this game on my PS 2 about 6 or 7 years ago. It was one of my best...really loved it! and there are lots of levels to advance to as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I would highly recommend the Jak & Daxter HD Collection to anyone, if you like the Sly series you will love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

picked up the hd collection and was surprised by how good it was, 3 was one of the best games I ever played.

• Advertisement
Advertisement