Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tom waits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

Kold wrote: »
    Seeing him in The Book of Eli was weird.

Love Tom, probably top of my gig bucketlist at this stage. Hopefully I'll get to see him at an acceptable price some day.

Alice is probably my favourite but you gotta love Nighthawks.

One From The Heart with Crystal Gale is a classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

He has a great role in "Wristcutters" well worth checking out if you're a fan of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

NIMAN wrote: »
    He's one of those artists you love or hate.

I seem to be one of very few who can't handle him at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

I'd be a pretty bit Waits fan.

Love how versatile he is as a songwriter, and how his voice and use of instrumentation has changed so much over the years.

Took me a while to move from his earlier albums like 'early years' and 'closing time' and 'the heart of saturday night' into his later phases.

Takes a bit of work to really start to get inside the later stuff but I think it's definitely a worthwhile endeavour.

I think Bad As Me is a crackin album, 'talking at the same time' is one of my faves off it without a doubt.

Advertisement