Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids beginner Soft Boards

Options
  • 11-03-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Guys, myself & my brothers are all into surfing having taken it up later in life on minimals. Luckily we've a holiday home on the coast, and are keen to get our 8 (soon to be 9) nieces & nephews into he water from a young age.

But as we've no experience of learning to surf as a kids, I thought I'd ask on here for any tips from those of you that learned as kids. The oldest is only 6, so plenty of time yet. She's been out on body boards this past two summers and was flying - no fear of the water at all!

I've been checking online for foam boards, and they're pretty expensive, but I did find a good looking deal here;
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/surf-100-kid-6blue-leash-id_8130785.html#
    It seems they're out of stuck, but I'm going to call around to Decathalon in Belfast this week as its close to work and see if they have any/or can order some.

Has anyone else good links of where to get something like this? The ones in the local surf shops are pretty expensive in comparison

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Cool :)

In regards Softboards

I think there was an ad in adverts.ie or donedeal for second hand, school foam boards.

Would be cheaper as well. Work a look. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Grtcraic

You should try Sunset Watersports in Sligo,he has 8ft foam surfboards in the shop,not sure of the price but i think they are around 160-170 with fins and leash.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭I dont know

I called into Decathalon in Belfast today. They have plenty of the boards in stock but they're now £99.99. Apparently the £49.99 boards were the 2011 models and the website just hasn't been updated yet.
    Pity. It'd have been a steal getting them at that price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

Grtcraic wrote: »
    You should try Sunset Watersports in Sligo,he has 8ft foam surfboards in the shop,not sure of the price but i think they are around 160-170 with fins and leash.

The 8ft soft surfboards are about that in Sunset, but they do the 6ft ones at €99 (about 83 sterling) inc leash
    http://sunset.ie/p/saltrock_6_ft_soft_surfboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

your standard 'swell' foamie yellow and blue would be too big for young kids. This looks looks cheap and cheerful - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/60-WAIMEA-BAY-KIDS-BEGINNER-SOFT-FOAM-SURFBOARD-/280660006264?pt=UK_Surfing&hash=item4158a3d578. Just search foam surf board on flea-bay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement