Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden shed

Options
  • 11-03-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a good garden shed. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I bought one of the Superior sheds form these last year. Its excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Hi Zoozee

Sorry if my answer is not what you are looking for, but I setup similar thread here some time ago about garden shed as DIY project.
    Somebody reccomended me company www.strahan.ie ( they sell shed timber and all other stuff you need) - I'm going to build a shed 4.8m x 2.4m ( ~ 16f x 8f) and all materials ( high quality treated timber) will cost me about 600 euro.

I did a research, was in quite a few yards + online and cheapest price I got for delivered and built shed was ~ 1200 euro ( and it was not treated timber)

If you like DIY - it is something for you, browse youtube - there are plenty videos on how to build a shed.

All you need is some basic draws + some basic maths + idea what exactly you want ( again youtube is helpful) + time ( 2-3 days for a large shed)
    don't worry about tools - you can hire circular saw for 20euro per week.

As I said i did a good research on this and my tip for you ( doesn't matter if this is your diy, or delivered shed) is to spend long time on leveling area under the shed to have exactly the same levels for all blocks under it.

btw- what size are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

im getting a clane steel shed fitted tomorrow measures 10ft wide 16.5 ft long need it for plumbing tools an stock , see if i can post some pics on here .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

The timber sheds in general will not last that long. The felt roof generally needs replacement after a few years particularly if it gets damaged by high winds. The shed itself will need regular painting otherwise it will rot. I had one and it lasted around ten years. Another disadvantage is that because they are prone to dampness in winter , shelving on them can sag. I recently had a steel shed and it is a much more secure and stronger shed. No doubt it costs more but if you want one that is more usable and will last longer then steel is far better than timber.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

Have a look at http://www.boynegardensheds.ie/cabin.html

Good value and some nices extra's in comparasion to standard wood sheds. (window design, window box, corrugated roof, nice interior finish)
    I will post a pic on Monday of my own.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

400-450 euro buys a nice ABS Plastic 8 x 6 garden shed,complete with shelving system and double doors and windows too.Very easy to put up and take back down too.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 walshkvn

I purchased just two weeks ago from gardenshedsforsale.ie, but not sure I can recommend them. The shed itself looks grand, but as its only in a week or two I can't say what the long term quality is like. I think it will be fine.

I say I'm not sure I can recommend them as it was the installation and post-sales support that I have an issue with.

I purchased a 10ft x 12ft Superior Range Shed and was asked to supply 15 blocks as I wanted to put it on grass. The shed was to be installed and everything and I didn't even have to lay out the blocks.

Unfortunately I was not there during the installation, as I needed to work. Anyway, when I got home, the shed was installed - ish. In fairness the location I had choosen was not perfectly level, but I'm sure they would have come across this before. But not having the shed supported in the middle and only around the edges was something I didn't expect.

I'd think that this would not be good for the longterm quality of the shed, etc. There were also a number of scrapes and scratches on the shed, which I expect were also due to the installation. Those I dont mind so much.

I've emailed twice after the installation in relation to this and received no reply.

So if you are considering gardenshedsforsale.ie, I suggest you are there for the installation and only pay when you are happy it was done correctly, because you will never hear from them again. Pitty really, I was very happy with the service until after the installation.

Good luck in your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

paddy147 wrote: »
    400-450 euro buys a nice ABS Plastic 8 x 6 garden shed,complete with shelving system and double doors and windows too.Very easy to put up and take back down too.

Simples.

Good on you Paddy, thats the best photo of your girlfriends garden yet :D

I cant understand why sheds are so blooming expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

got me a decent shed at last 10ft x 16.5 and these are inside measurements clane sheds put it up in 3 hours , including a floor 1 inch plywood, 2 windows 1 that opens just isn case you get locked in !! and a strong door with a cover over the lock , its not bomb proof but has a metal frame that you can screw into , any way have it insulated now.
    get cracking on the shelves next, pricey at 2600 but heavily recomended 10 year warranty

Good on you Paddy, thats the best photo of your girlfriends garden yet :D

I cant understand why sheds are so blooming expensive!

Thanks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jose Jones

walshkvn wrote: »
    I purchased just two weeks ago from gardenshedsforsale.ie, but not sure I can recommend them. The shed itself looks grand, but as its only in a week or two I can't say what the long term quality is like. I think it will be fine.

I say I'm not sure I can recommend them as it was the installation and post-sales support that I have an issue with.

I purchased a 10ft x 12ft Superior Range Shed and was asked to supply 15 blocks as I wanted to put it on grass. The shed was to be installed and everything and I didn't even have to lay out the blocks.

Unfortunately I was not there during the installation, as I needed to work. Anyway, when I got home, the shed was installed - ish. In fairness the location I had choosen was not perfectly level, but I'm sure they would have come across this before. But not having the shed supported in the middle and only around the edges was something I didn't expect.

I'd think that this would not be good for the longterm quality of the shed, etc. There were also a number of scrapes and scratches on the shed, which I expect were also due to the installation. Those I dont mind so much.

I've emailed twice after the installation in relation to this and received no reply.

So if you are considering gardenshedsforsale.ie, I suggest you are there for the installation and only pay when you are happy it was done correctly, because you will never hear from them again. Pitty really, I was very happy with the service until after the installation.

hi, i was going to buy from these lads.

did you hear back from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerbyrne1

http://abbeylawn.net
    I got Abbeylawn to fit my first garden shed about 5 year ago when i lived in Dublin and they done a great job . I moved to Kildare last year and again i got them to fit my shed ,This time i got a big shed 16x10 .I had looked around diffferent places and found some a little cheaper . But the quality of the cheap sheds was poor . I am glad i went with abbeylawn again as the shed is top class . I went to their yard in Co. Wicklow and the girl in the yard was very helpfull . She showed me all the different options and was not pushing me to make up my mind there and then .I rang back the next day and placed the order by phone . I can reccomend them to anybody :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

paddy147 wrote: »

Simples.
    Hi Paddy,
    Will you let me know where you bought the ABS Plastic 8 x 6 garden shed. I'm looking to purchase one at the moment but can't find any in Ireland.

Thanks a mill
    Brian

brianeoc wrote: »
    Hi Paddy,
    Will you let me know where you bought the ABS Plastic 8 x 6 garden shed. I'm looking to purchase one at the moment but can't find any in Ireland.

Thanks a mill
    Brian

B&Q around 3.5-4 years ago.

B&Q sell Ketter plastic sheds.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

got me a decent shed at last 10ft x 16.5 and these are inside measurements clane sheds put it up in 3 hours , including a floor 1 inch plywood, 2 windows 1 that opens just isn case you get locked in !! and a strong door with a cover over the lock , its not bomb proof but has a metal frame that you can screw into , any way have it insulated now.
    get cracking on the shelves next, pricey at 2600 but heavily recomended 10 year warranty[/Quote
    Hi,just wondering there,the shed is timber?what did you use for insulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnmclain

walshkvn wrote: »

just wondering how that shed worked out for you, thinking of getting one from them myself, has it lasted?

Advertisement