Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marillion give away Free CD

• 11-03-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23

Just thought this may be of interest. If you're new to later day Marillion they'll send you out a summary CD for free. You just need to input your details, worth checking out some great tracks on it..

http://www.marillion.com/music.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

Brilliant - Thanks. I didn't take to Hogart after Fish left so I largely ignored their output since ... this is a great way to explore their Post-Fish material.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Will check that out, cheers!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Got this myself (chose the download option instead) and it's great!

Thanks for posting this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 LetsZep

Pretty cool alright- it got me into them a few years back. It's a full size album too, not just a crappy sample, and they update it every so often to include more of their newer stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got this a few years ago, didn't realise they updated it. Great way to get into a band, and it shows some initiative. Haven't listened enough of them since, but my mate keeps giving me stuff to listen to that involved the various members.

I do have one other cd. Played it a bit in work and lots seemed interested too.

• Advertisement

Yeah new album in the pipeline too due before the summer I think- brilliant live band, hope they plan an Irish date on this tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Yeah, no release date yet for the album but they're hoping to release it year.

For anyone looking for a good place to start on latter-day Marillion, can I just recommend Marbles? There's a few long songs on it and it's a double album, but it's great stuff.

blastman wrote: »
    Yeah, no release date yet for the album but they're hoping to release it year.

For anyone looking for a good place to start on latter-day Marillion, can I just recommend Marbles? There's a few long songs on it and it's a double album, but it's great stuff.

Agree, Marbles is a fantastic album

They've just announced that the latest album is called Sounds That Can't Be Made, and it will be "ready sometime before September 2012", although no firm release date as yet.

Pre-orders for the new album now being taken on the website. There's a deluxe version with 128 pages of artwork in a hard back book plus a DVD which looks pretty funky. Might splash out or call in an owed birthday present :)

• Advertisement

Final version of Power, first track from the new album:

Sounds good!

Another song from the new album, Gaza (all 17+ minutes of it!). Lower pre-release quality, but still very listenable. Album pre-orders are being dispatched this week, I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seen them in Wembley Arena 1992, Hamersmith Odeon 1994, Vicar St 2001 and 2004. Really good live.

I know they played the Temple Bar Music centre in recent years too.

I think the low attendances at their Irish gigs will result in them giving us a miss this time around.

There's no Irish gig in the upcoming UK and European tours, unfortunately. Their last gig here in the Button Factory was great. Steve Hogarth played a solo gig in Crawdaddy since that gig which was also very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Another song from the new album, Gaza (all 17+ minutes of it!). Lower pre-release quality, but still very listenable. Album pre-orders are being dispatched this week, I think...

Email confirmation that mine was dispatched today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

RayCon wrote: »
    Brilliant - Thanks. I didn't take to Hogart after Fish left so I largely ignored their output since ... this is a great way to explore their Post-Fish material.

I made the same mistake for years. Glad to say I got into the Hogarth era; i missed out on some quality music that has given me hours of pleasure since :D

rednik wrote: »
    Email confirmation that mine was dispatched today.:)

Just got my email confirmation now :-/

Although they did send me an MP3 copy to ease the pain of waiting a little. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just got my email confirmation now :-/

Although they did send me an MP3 copy to ease the pain of waiting a little. :)

Mine arrived yesterday and it's a great album, well worth the wait. Pity no tour date here.:(

What's the deluxe package like? As good as Marbles or Happiness Is The Road? Did you get your name in the booklet? :)

• Advertisement

Deluxe package is fantastic amazing artwork too. Can't remember what I paid but was good value I think

Advertisement