Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision advice/ What are you at?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

i just did exam questions for most subjects such as maths english science geography history . for subjects where u need write essay style questions use mind maps . while for languages i wud buy a revision book . i got one for french nd u should go over ur listening . i got it with revise wise i found it very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

0000879k wrote: »
    Thought I'd make this for people to share how they are revising and for others to get ideas and info too.

Feel free to post.

I'm currently typing notes for all my subjects.. I find a great way to study because I'm seriously summarising.. Only trouble is diagrams are a pain in the *ss!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I'm currently typing notes for all my subjects.. I find a great way to study because I'm seriously summarising.. Only trouble is diagrams are a pain in the *ss!! :P

Yeah I have a Folder with things I have to learn/ all my notes.

I have revise wise Maths and Irish, Rapid Revision Geography and essentials unfolded for science.

Also I am doing P1 Q1 2011 - 2005, P1 Q1 2011 - 2005 etc etc, I find this really helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xfabgalx

I've started to study over the last week! For maths I am doing each year by each question i.e. 2011 Q1, 2010 Q1, etc. I have Revise Wise and I look at examples and what steps are taken when doing some questions. I then close it and try it out on rough page and see if I can get it on my own. If I do then I transfer into my Exam Answer Hardback (highly recommend). I also do the same method with marking schemes - DO NOT JUST COPY IT DIRECTLY.

Doing history revision too. For history I've been doing People in History essays as we're doing them for homework too, and as I have moved schools recently I have to catch up on the history topics for 3rd year section. When doing Section 4 (people in history) I read the whole chapter on that topic, e.g. write about religious reformer. I would read the whole section on the Reformation. I find it easy to retain the information for history, even just by reading my book.

Haven't started revising science yet ...... I really need to though!! :(

Advertisement