Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions Tour Australia 2013

Options
  • 11-03-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone would be interested in being in Oz in 2013 or those who are there already the following are the fixtures.

Lions tour to Australia 2013

Sat June 1 - Lions v Barbarians (Hong Kong)

Wed June 5 - Lions v Western Force (Perth)

Sat June - Lions v Queensland Reds (Brisbane)

Wed June 12 - Lions v Combined NSW & Queensland Country (Newcastle)

Sat June 15 - Lions v NSW Waratahs (Sydney)

Tue June 18 - Lions v ACT Brumbies (Canberra)

Sat June 22 - Lions v Australia (Brisbane)

Tue June 25 - Lions v Melbourne Rebels (Melbourne)

Sat June 29 - Lions v Australia (Melbourne)

Sat July 6 - Lions v Australia (Sydney)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

If the Rebels don't improve that's going to be U-G-L-Y

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ya Australia are looking quiet weak at the moment. They still have major issues in the scrum. The Lions look like they could be bringing one of the best touring sides in a long time. Welsh and Irish are strong and the English look to be a coming force. Scotland are also improving and look to have a few bright prospects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

All I know is that if i am still here, I will have half of Dublin looking to sleep in the spare room/couch/floor/balcony during the tour.

Zambia wrote: »
    If the Rebels don't improve that's going to be U-G-L-Y

Very good against the Reds on the weekend actually. Considering they signed O'Connor and Beale for Their second season, they should pick up a couple more players for next season. The big issue will be that the ARFU probably won't let Aussie internationals play in midweek games.
    Ya Australia are looking quiet weak at the moment.

Second best team in the world. They had an average age at last years world cup of about 23/24 which was incredibly young for a rugby team. A potentially great side is emerging. Going to be a great tour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Whats the story with tickets? Anyone when they will be on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Bumping this thread. Is there any like street parties or anything organised for the Lions tour in any of the cities? Seems like they are lacking a build up or any sort of atmosphere.

I'm in Melbourne atm. I'll be going to the game but where is the best place to go to before / after the game? Is fed square having anything for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Bumping this thread. Is there any like street parties or anything organised for the Lions tour in any of the cities? Seems like they are lacking a build up or any sort of atmosphere.

I'm in Melbourne atm. I'll be going to the game but where is the best place to go to before / after the game? Is fed square having anything for it?

Haven't heard much about pre-game events tbh. I am sure the rugby bars around town (Turf Bar etc) will have good crowds and be good fun and you'd expect with all sponsors involved they will have some sort of shindig on Fed square.

Melbourne is not great for union anyway. Been toa couple of Wallabies games (Italy/Wales) at Etihad and there were probably more Irish people there than locals.

I am hoping Brissy will be good fun though...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Bumping this thread to say I have 2 spare tickets to the Lions v Rebels game at AAMI park in Melbourne on June 25th.

They are gold tickets. Selling for face value of $50 each. Anyone interested drop me a pm.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭darcy07

are these still available will take them off your hands ??

Sorry darc, tickets gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

In the off chance anyone has 2 spare tickets for Lions Waratahs this Saturday I'd gladly buy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

anyone know where I can get a pair of tickets for the lions v oz game in brisbane

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

I have a platinum ticket for sale for the Lions v Melbourne Rebels game if anyone wants in. face value. $68.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

tonydude wrote: »
    anyone know where I can get a pair of tickets for the lions v oz game in brisbane

I'd say your best bet would be looking on somewhere like gumtree at this stage. I just took a quick look there and it seems people are selling spares at face value so you might be able to pick up a couple of tickets there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

melonstar wrote: »
    I have a platinum ticket for sale for the Lions v Melbourne Rebels game if anyone wants in. face value. $68.

Just one?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

Any tix going for saturday vs the Tahs? 2 preferably!

I would love you forever!!

Anyone know the face value of the oz v lions game on the 22nd of june, I have 2 tickets sourced, he wants 250 a piece

Zambia wrote: »
    Just one?

Yeah I bought one before I moved over here but now I've made some buddies and we're going together. :) any interest in the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Anyone know the face value of the oz v lions game on the 22nd of june, I have 2 tickets sourced, he wants 250 a piece

Obviously depends on category. Bronze were $95, think Platinum were c. $300.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭darcy07

lions tickets on ticketmaster now thank me later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Tickets available on ticketmaster website for the 2nd test. They're $300 each for reserved seating.

• Advertisement

darcy07 wrote: »
    lions tickets on ticketmaster now thank me later

Wahoo!! Got my ticket!! Delighted :)
    Thanks!

Got 2 platinum tickets sourced for $200 each for the first test

Got 2 platinum tickets sourced for $200 each for the first test

Pretty impressive getting tickets for below cost!

latinum tickets cost $295 each.

Tickets for the Brisbane game on Ticketek. Just checked and they have bronze available

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

My ticket for second test came in post yesterday....along with the tickets for 2 seats next to mine!
    Rang the tour company and posted the spare tickets back, hope they get to the two guys in time.
    I have their names off the tickets so might mess them around for a while at the match pretending to know them etc..
    Looking forward to the tests, building up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

Im about the 3rd person to ask but if any nice individual had 1 or even 2 tickets for sale for Waratahs v Lions that would be awesome!:)

Pretty impressive getting tickets for below cost!

latinum tickets cost $295 each.

Said he won them , but says there e-tickets and would email them onto me when I transferred the money, I let him keep em

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Anyone have 2 spare tickets to Melbourne test by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I have standing ticket for the Melbourne test. It says go in any Gate so I assume the standing area goes all around the stadium behind the first tier of seats. Can anyone confirm this and recommend where would be best view-wise?

Also where would be good to watch the first test in Melbourne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

I have one spare ticket to the brisbane test. Gold standard. Cost 247 dollars. Let me know if you want it.

Advertisement