Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slán agus go raibh maith agat guys

Options
  • 11-03-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Considering that i try my best EVERY night in clan battles and maybe miss 1 night a week i think first the comments at the end of the battle were bollox in my eyes, It didnt work, right my fault, i always take responsability for my actions, Every night i am online, every night i try to do my best. To have people mouth off at the end of a battle about my tactics goes 2 ways with me.

1st way is if it is a person who is on every night giving as much effort as me says it was badly ran then i will stay on TS and talk about it.

2nd way is if a person who is on the odd evening taking part in the odd clan war decides its right to over critisize my efforts with a comment like " it was stupid " or "  hmm.... schoolboy error " then i will just log off team speak as i do know what is likely to be said by me will not be very polite.

As i said every time i log on, which is every evening i give my best, god knows i am not the best player in the game but i do give my best. What can i say i try, i try with leading battles when after i ask who is up for leading i get no reply, then i lead and if it goes wrong believe me, i do b annoyed, just as much as all the rest of you.

So many evenings i entered Clan Battles and seen people online and not entering, it has pissed me off and whats worse is its being going on for a long time now. This along with other issues has brought me to today and given me 1 thought, which is ( **** it ), so best of luck in the future guys, its been a plesure playing in this clan , i have enjoyed it much more than i have not. I hope you find a better person than me to take my place.

Slán mo chairde, a bhí iontach
    Fionn Mc Coule

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Noooooooo! Fionn don't leave. We need you!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Sorry to hear about this Fionn. Sad to hear that you have decided to leave due to a small number criticising you with stupid and unhelpful comments. I believe all comments should be constructive and discussed between everyone.
    You have put a lot of effort in producing tactics and leading the battles. No we aren't always successful but its a team effort not just one persons fault no matter what happens.

Hope you will reconsider your decision.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Every tactics has it flaws; trust me as I know the feeling after losing Tebessa with 1 - 15...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Nody wrote: »
    Every tactics has it flaws; trust me as I know the feeling after losing Tebessa with 1 - 15...

Yes Dan im long enough in the clan to know that, its the bull ***t comments i do not appreciate, :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I don't think anyone was criticising you personally, maybe just the tactics. Which is probabaly annoying at the end of the battle but it kinda needs to be done. Every tactic needs to be evaluated and maybe tweaked.

And as Nody said, no tactic is perfect. The other team can counter any plans laid down, perhaps something alot of people calling tactics "bad" don't seem to realise.

You're a great asset to this clan Fionn, everyone will agree with that. Would be a shame to lose you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

dont go fionn you have done alot of hard work and yes some comments were not needed at the end of battle after all it was worth a try to them making these stupid comments why not step up to being a bc for a few games and become worthy of making comments in the first place...I have been there and its not easy when it dont go your way..very little praise when it goes right,,but plenty criticism when it dont...

will be sad to see you go my friend...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

tbh , i dont blame him a bit for being pissed. almost every time we lose a game, there is either silence or bitching on TS. A BC dosnt deserve this as he is just a gamer like the rest of us , but made the effort to design a tactic and lead us into battle.
    At the moment we have only 4 or 5 guys doing this out of 95.
    there is no problem discussing what went wrong as that is the only way to improve the tactic.
    its sad that any player feels the need to quit as a result of this and hopefully fionn will rejoin when he calms down and realises that he had a lot of support on TS/Chat too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Fionn, your ability to enjoy the game shouldn't be dictated by a small, mouthy minority, especially given that a lot of the matches are so often a gamble that can just as easily swing against us as for us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    Fionn, your ability to enjoy the game shouldn't be dictated by a small, mouthy minority, especially given that a lot of the matches are so often a gamble that can just as easily swing against us as for us.
    This is the part that really drives me (as a BC and I'd guess Fionn as well) up the walls. There is no, none, nada 100% fool proof tactic that always work against everything yet if you listen to the comments after pretty much any game it's usually "Oh but you should have done X instead". The simple answer is if we done "X" then "Y" would beat us instead!

No matter what tactic we roll the enemy can do something to beat us and as we've committed to a tactic before the game starts (by picking certain tanks) and before engaging (by position tanks to go to a certain location; usually half way through the map by the time we see what they do) we’re going to be at a disadvantage if they do “Y” and likely lose. All the commander can then do is to try to call it as it goes along and hope people got enough own initiative at the key points to take appropriate actions.

Now someone will mention to send in medium/light tanks to scout but they seem to conviently forget we've done that and that light/medium is easy to blow up/miss the area they are going. The more scouts we committ the less we got to actually push with as well which means when their push do come they simply roll over us due to more armor / DPS at the point of conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xperiaboros

Fionn, please join again! We need you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ok Fionn,

Your comments are obviously related to what I said.

1. I'm entitled to an opinion on a tactic.

2. I didn't know who devised said tactic.

3. EVERYONE (including myself) gets scrutinised when things don't work, it's a fact of life in CW in WoT.

I apologise if you took my comment personally, that was not the intention, but I will in no way take away, or apologise for any opinion I might have on ANY tactic.

I'm sorry you feel you have to leave over it, and I hope there are other reasons behind your decision.

I am only on the odd evening for CW lately due to other personal commitments, but this in no way invalidates any opinion I have, as I would consider myself a very seasoned CW player, and have played more than enough battles in CW to form an opinion on tactics (as you well know).

I would also appreciate that you might have maybe taken me aside on TS if you felt anything I said was out of order, and at least discussed the fact that you were considering leaving.

You were one of my DC's, and a damn good one at that, and I would have appreciated the courtesy of a conversation about this beforehand, whether it changed your decision or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

Personally I've always held the opinion that the second a losing battle has ended is not the time for people's 2c worth. Everyone feels a bit sickened at that stage and as the commander probably a little more so.

If you don't step up to the plate to lead a battle then you should be more tactful with any criticisms, whether they're constructive or otherwise.

I've been guilty of it myself and I'm glad to say (and I think it was Fionn at the time) it wasn't taken badly. BUT, everyone is human and people piling in with comments is bound to piss a person off.

Again, it can be an evolution of the clan procedures, a debriefing period (maybe after or final battle of the evening) where we can identify a tipping point in a battle and possibly do a few "what if" or "next time at this point we try X,Y or Z".

Other issues raised can be addressed, like people being on line and not in battle, maybe more people having a shot at commanding and so on.

Fionn, stick around, we'll make the improvements ;)

Ok Fionn,

Your comments are obviously related to what I said.

1. I'm entitled to an opinion on a tactic.

2. I didn't know who devised said tactic.

3. EVERYONE (including myself) gets scrutinised when things don't work, it's a fact of life in CW in WoT.

Ok on point 1, yes you are entitled, same as everyone else. that is not a problem

on point 2, thats not important as to who devised the plan, what is important is to find out if the plan is a plan that was used b4 and was it successful before comment.

on point 3 i do know about the scrutiny and have got it b4 many times.
    I apologise if you took my comment personally, that was not the intention, but I will in no way take away, or apologise for any opinion I might have on ANY tactic.

I'm sorry you feel you have to leave over it, and I hope there are other reasons behind your decision.

Comments can be made on battles at any time by any person, the "Schoolboy error" comment was uncalled for because, 1st you didn't see the tactic in person and the fact i ran the exact same tactic on Many occasions b4 in clan battles where it succeeded and at times succeeded well.

2nd yes there are a few other reasons why i left, there was another comment made on TS after the battle for 1, also the stagnation of the clan is another, we have had meetings in the past where things were discussed and agreed yet nothing has happened since, the move from the forum to the B-IE web page (http://boardstankclan.no-ip.org/) , the removal of Paddy from DC position, not getting the other positions sorted out properly eg recruiter, diplomat, treasurer. and other bits and pieces
    I am only on the odd evening for CW lately due to other personal commitments, but this in no way invalidates any opinion I have, as I would consider myself a very seasoned CW player, and have played more than enough battles in CW to form an opinion on tactics (as you well know).

Yes but as above, find out if its a set tactic which was used b4, then comment and no 1 ever questioned your experience.
    I would also appreciate that you might have maybe taken me aside on TS if you felt anything I said was out of order, and at least discussed the fact that you were considering leaving.

You were one of my DC's, and a damn good one at that, and I would have appreciated the courtesy of a conversation about this beforehand, whether it changed your decision or not.

Well it was common knowledge that i was fed up with participation in clan battles over last while, all that were on regularly seen me constantly giving out about so many being on and not logging in to see if they were needed, this is something that i have mentioned many times, i didnt talk to you or anyone on TS as my humor was not good at the time and all that know me will tell you that if i am pissed off i always say nothing or just log off.

Is it your fault i quit? not entirely

Was i annoyed by your comment ? yes, i was also annoyed with the other comment and the result of the battle and the other things in the clan and personal things and so on .

Is there other reasons why i quit ? Yes quite a few

Will i return? I don't know.

Fair enough, they're your decisions mate.

Sorry again if you took any of my comments personally, as I stated, that as certainly not the intention.

A bit of breathing space might do you good, and hopefully you'll decide to return.

Until then, take care - and if you're in game, pop in for a few platoons :)

Im back :rolleyes::eek:

Wb, you were missed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Glad to hear it, welcome back.

Ah yeah, feck off for the 2 days CW is off, and straight back in the saddle when it returns :P

I assume you'll be happy taking your old position back?

**edit

I don't see you in the clan list?

Nevermind, I'm blind :)

Ah yeah, feck off for the 2 days CW is off, and straight back in the saddle when it returns :P

I assume you'll be happy taking your old position back?

**edit

I don't see you in the clan list?
    Position number 37; recruit :P

Yea bruffio found my dummy and shoved it back in its hole. :eek::P

• Advertisement

Yea bruffio found my dummy and shoved it back in its hole. :eek::P

lol

I've re-instated you as DC - I hope you don't mind :o

If you'd rather not, let me know - not an issue :)

I am in trouble with my computer, the graphic card is ****ed, i will be out of game till late next week :mad: thanks for reinstating me, will try to keep my dummy in in future :o:eek:

reset my computer to factory settings, reinstalled everything and cannot get my mic working for some reason

He he!

No worries mate - if you need a hand with the comp, give me a shout :)

^Audio drivers probably not installed correctly.

Advertisement