Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make Up Shopping in London

• 11-03-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Hey boardsie beauties,

I'm hoping to get to London soon and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions of where I should hit for buying make up / nail polish?

I've been to London a few times but I'm only recently obsessed with all things make up so I'm not really sure where to start!

Thanks a mill, Orlee

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Superdrug would be a good one if you're not near the ones in Ireland (think there's only a few?).

Selfridges is the big department store in London so you'll get all your standard and more brands there http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/

MAC Pro is in Soho - 28 Fouberts Place, West Soho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

+1 for Superdrug, I was in London last week and they had some great offers on in Superdrug.

I got these two VO5 products for less than £3 each (I think they were £1.99 each, not 100% sure on that though). Plus they do the Make Up Academy brand which are quite good too :)

Also Boots as well, they have brands (well the Boots in Luton Mall anyway) did myface.cosmetics, Miss Sporty, FairTrade, Too Faced, Fashion Fair etc.

I was in Selfridges too, omg the beauty hall is awesome, it has everything you could want and more.

Fenwicks is a great store too, it has beauty (Nails Inc, Essie, O.P.I, etc), it's also got clothes, shoes, jewellery, accessories etc.

Also I have a link somewhere to get €10 euros off in The Loop at Dublin Airport if you spend €50 euros or more, if you want the link, PM me and I'll send it on :)

John Lewis is great too.

Harrods is good too, but to be honest Selfridges is better and the staff are friendlier too. When we walked into Harrods too, the security guys told us we had to carry our bags in our hands so if you have hand bags, or back packs, be prepared to carry them in your hands, not on your shoulders or back.

If you get to Harrods I'd recommend going to their cafe Ladurée and trying the macaroons and tea, the tea is around £3 per person for a pot and the macaroons are £1.90 each, they are mini macaroons though.

My boyfriend says Ladurée is like something from Alice in Wonderland lol :D

http://www.harrods.com/visiting/restaurants/laduree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Didn't even think of superdrug! I've been to one here but a long time ago.

Is MAC any cheaper in the UK?

I'll check out Selfridges too (that's the one with the yellow bags isn't it?!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Orlee wrote: »

A little bit cheaper in my experience, and then of course take into account the exchange rate. I guess it's only worth going if you want something specifically Pro, might get better deals in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Orlee wrote: »

I find M.A.C would be a slight bit cheaper in the U.K, but you'd get a better deal in the airport (Dublin) IMO.

Also either Heathrow or Gatwick, not sure which, also sell M.A.C, it's meant to be a bit cheaper again. I've never been to that M.A.C store though so can't say what it's like.

Yup, Selfridges is the one with the yellow bags :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement