Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change of Level

• 11-03-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Leaving Cert Higher level Maths class this year and I'm just wondering when would be the latest they should change to Ordinary level; is there an official deadline? I know the difference in content but when would be too late to change?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

I'm assuming you are referring to a few students in the class as opposed to the entire class.
    If this is the case, they can take the ordinary level paper on the day of the exam. This would not be advisable however, if the content is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Oh sorry, yes, the few who arent feeling confident after the mock. Thanks for that gb, if anyone has a Maths specific opinion on content I'd love to hear :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a Leaving Cert Higher level Maths class this year and I'm just wondering when would be the latest they should change to Ordinary level; is there an official deadline? I know the difference in content but when would be too late to change?

Thanks!

They're allowed to change on the day of the exam, but if they are considering it they would really want to change a bit earlier than that to familiarise themselves with the papers or physically move to the OL class if there is room. They don't have to fill in any paperwork realistically if they are changing levels in LC.

Advertisement