Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French and Irish Essay Writing

• 11-03-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm doing ordinary level French and Ordinary level Irish and I'm having a little trouble with the essay aspect of the papers. Does anybody know any good books I could get that essentially have sentences written out in French or Irish and then the English translation is beside it.
    My Irish teacher had something like this last year but he can't remember the name of it and I can't find anything like it in Easons.

Cheers for any help you can offer :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Bump for French sentence book, although I can't see it being tremendous help as the sentences would have to be quite open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭John Sugrue

Just to point out that presuming that you answer the cloze test or form in the Ord French, you only have to answer one essay-style question, i.e. only 7.5% of the whole exam.

Iow, don't get too bogged down in it. Comprehensions are where the marks are in the ord level.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Well the way I was thinking of using the sentence book would be to write out essays for the questions in the papers and use as much of the same sentences in as many of the essays as possible so I could remember them easily and then id have a good few sentences that I might be able to use.

Even though most of the marks are in the comprehensions id still like to be able to write something for the essay. Every mark helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm not familiar with the OL French paper but if you give me some examples of stuff that you get asked about I could try to help you out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement