Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB wireless adapter Q.

Options
  • 11-03-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

My Xbox wireless adapter decided to stop working so I need a new one but can any of you tell me do I have to get a Microsoft one or is there a better, faster alternative compatable with the Xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

There is the N Wireless adapter (the black one with two antenna's) from Microsoft, but to be honest any kind of wireless is not ideal for gaming on Xbox Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

ya my wireless kept dropping even tho i av 25mb. think all wireless drops because of the router. if u can reach the router u shud connect strait to the xbox with an ethernet cable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ya my wireless kept dropping even tho i av 25mb. think all wireless drops because of the router. if u can reach the router u shud connect strait to the xbox with an ethernet cable

Sounds like flood protection is either enabled or not enabled or something similar on your router, in my mams house I have 25mb and never one had disconnect, the Xbox is 2 rooms away also, and in my own house ive only 4.5mb (in the sticks) and never once have I had a drop in connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Fieldog wrote: »
    Sounds like flood protection is either enabled or not enabled or something similar on your router, in my mams house I have 25mb and never one had disconnect, the Xbox is 2 rooms away also, and in my own house ive only 4.5mb (in the sticks) and never once have I had a drop in connection

i aint good with the technical stuff but i rang upc one day and i changed the wireless channel. it worked until it reverted back to old settings. im jus lucky my router is beside my tv so i can use the ethernet cable. mite have to address the issue when i change houses in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

The console is in the living room and the router is in the box room (opposite corners of the house:()
    I'd need a cable about 10 meters long or more.
    Id love to connect it straight in tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement