Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

having bother with old iphone

• 11-03-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

i have an iphone which i have had for a couple of years however recently the battery is staring to run down on it needs a charge every almost day and some times it seems to to go from fully charged to almost dead pretty quick.

I am having bother with apps. Some of them crash as soon as they are open. Other times i cant connect to a wifi network even when i get the wifi code. Would these issues be related to the battery dying?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unlikely. Does it happen when the phone is connected to power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

try backing up then reboot and restore. I have an old one and the battery looked like it was always on red - though it was charging ok. Lots of other problems too, but a restore seemed to do the trick.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

is it hard to jailbrake it again after restoring it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Depends, what version is the phone and what ios is on it?
    But tbh, if I was you I'd stay away from JB and just use the latest version of official ios for the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Bob Z wrote: »
    is it hard to jailbrake it again after restoring it?

no harder than the first time I guess - though mine's not jailbroken. I used a lot of the websites and tips and tricks from the jb sites though because it got hung in a reboot loop. First time it took me hours (actually days) of messing to recover it, which included opening it up and giving it a good cleaning. Touch wood, working perfectly again now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement