Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phone watch alarm

Options
  • 12-03-2012 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all , can anyone help me locate a battery for Eircom Phonewatch model 60-911-010-4-IE, its bleeping frequently, had it checked by an engineer who said the battery was reading low but he can't locate a battery because they are special apparently, also how do you change it please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

manormouse wrote: »
    Hi all , can anyone help me locate a battery for Eircom Phonewatch model 60-911-010-4-IE, its bleeping frequently, had it checked by an engineer who said the battery was reading low but he can't locate a battery because they are special apparently, also how do you change it please.

That is a Simon system, when you press the status button does it tell you what has the low battery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manormouse

Hi Altor,

No was told by the engineer it was the battery in the control panel which was reading 7.4 volts

manormouse wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

No was told by the engineer it was the battery in the control panel which was reading 7.4 volts

If there was a power fail and the system was running on the battery then it wil come up as a low battery till you enter and exit walk test. Drop the front lid and enter your user code, press test then done. Test all the sensors on the system then press done. Close up the lid and press the status button. If it says system low battery then you will need to replace it.

Any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Geee

Hi Guys

My first post here so apolgies if I am repeating questions that have already been answered.

My Eircom Phone Watch system monitoring contract is up for renewal shortly. It is a Simon wiresless system.
    Recently we have been getting false alarms due to (what Eircom have told me) the batteries in the sensors coming to the end of their life.
    It was recommended that we add the service contract to our renewal for the coming year and then get an engineer to come down and replace all the batteries. The problem with this is the extra cost per month especially now when money is extremely tight.

I was wondering if I could replace batteries myself and if so any idea where these could be bought online?
    I could replace them then as each one goes.

Also, on another issue - our alarm is attached to our land line - we only have this land line for eircom phone watch as we use our moblies for all calls. This again is adding another large cost per month for nothing.

Is it possible to cancel my phone watch monitoring with eircom (we have the alarm 4 years) and cancel my land line (eircom) and then rediect any activations to my mobile number.

If this was possible it would save us a good bit of money each month and every bit helps these days.

Sorry for the long query.

Geee

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Geee wrote: »

I was wondering if I could replace batteries myself and if so any idea where these could be bought online?
    I could replace them then as each one goes.

Easily done . There are a couple of different batteries . Do a search on a site like this
    http://www.nextag.com/cr2a-battery-lithium/stores-html
    Also, on another issue - our alarm is attached to our land line - we only have this land line for eircom phone watch as we use our moblies for all calls. This again is adding another large cost per month for nothing.

Is it possible to cancel my phone watch monitoring with eircom (we have the alarm 4 years) and cancel my land line (eircom) and then rediect any activations to my mobile number.
    It is but you need a phone provider to send the call. You could use UPC etc or else a seperate GSM dialler. I don't recommend GSM as it can be easily jammed.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help KoolKid

Geee

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

I have a brand new battery for sale for the Simon system (BS 110N) if you're interested !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Alarm Equipment Supplies in Cork stock those Phone Watch Panel batteries (021)4964777.

Thanks Guys for the info.

It is the small batteries I am looking for that are in each sensor box not the Panel batteries but thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is the small batteries I am looking for that are in each sensor box not the Panel batteries but thanks for your help.

I'd imagine kubs recommendation would have those as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Sorry my mix up, as Koolkid mentioned, they stock those as well.

Thanks - I will get onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shayco

Hi Phonewatch experts, I m getting some work done in my house and I would like to remove sensors and PIRs temporarily. Phone watch want to charge for this however i feel I could do it my self. I have removed PIR and have taken battery out of sensors but the panel keeps beeping. Any suggestions. many thanks. Shayco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Put the sensors back together and leave magnets beside them .. They should be marked with a number on the back of them . Place them some where safe

shayco wrote: »
    Hi Phonewatch experts, I m getting some work done in my house and I would like to remove sensors and PIRs temporarily. Phone watch want to charge for this however i feel I could do it my self. I have removed PIR and have taken battery out of sensors but the panel keeps beeping. Any suggestions. many thanks. Shayco.

What system have you installed?
    Another option would be to delete and re-enroll when the job is complete. Also if your alarm system is going to be out of service make sure you inform your insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 prions

Hi all

This my first post and hope it has not been quoted before.

when i arm my eircom alarm for home [ just doors and windows} the motion sensors also activate
    how do I prevent the motion sensors from arming while the house occupied?

The system has not been set up correctly for this. Are you still in a contract with Eircom for maintenance & monitoring if so they should be sorting it for you FOC.
    Do you have the engineer code for this system?

Hello KoolKid

in contract with eircom only for monitoring but prior to discontinuing maintainance never noticed this
    anomally. I cancelled maintainance contract when I could change batteries etc without any problems
    I do not have an engineer code for the system

This is the normal way phonewatch set up the systems .. They will expect a call out fee . The Doors and windows button controls the doors and windows and usually the kitchen and sitting room beam . The Motions button usually controls the hall motion sensors

prions wrote: »
    Hi all

This my first post and hope it has not been quoted before.

when i arm my eircom alarm for home [ just doors and windows} the motion sensors also activate
    how do I prevent the motion sensors from arming while the house occupied?

I would say the system is set up correctly if you have a trap pack installed rather than sensors installed on the windows.

They are set up to come on for home group 15.
    If you want them off then group 17 is what they need to be changed too.

If you do have a trap pack installed then changing this setting would mean the detector is off whan set to home. Not something I would recommend if the window is not covered.

• Advertisement

hello thunderbird 2 and altor

thanks for all helpful info. If the normal setup for doors and windows includes the kitchen and sitting room beam which seems to be the case with me, then it is not possible to have the doors and windows
    alarmed while one is still in the house even though eircom maintain you can.Thanks again for your help
    I wont be calling out the eircom engineer for the crazy fees they charge.

So what is it you'd like help with doing ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The alarm can be reconfigured to just have windows set under doors and windows and not any motions.

prions wrote: »
    hello thunderbird 2 and altor

thanks for all helpful info. If the normal setup for doors and windows includes the kitchen and sitting room beam which seems to be the case with me, then it is not possible to have the doors and windows
    alarmed while one is still in the house even though eircom maintain you can.Thanks again for your help
    I wont be calling out the eircom engineer for the crazy fees they charge.

Neither would I :D

You can have it set up with windows and doors if you have sensors installed on them. If you don't then changing the group setting leaves these areas vulnerable at night as they are programmed that way for a reason. Trap pack.

There is no way to have them set up differently to suit your situation as if you program them on say group 17 then they are off when windows and doors are armed. So you going to be would need them on. This cant be done as you would have a PIR installed in the hall and landing you need to get by. Turning them on on group 17 would also turn on these PIRs. If you had a keyfob or keypad upstairs then you could set them when in your room, just remember to disarm before walking out in front of a PIR in the morning.

Advertisement