Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High fives

Options
  • 12-03-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

High fives are great aren't they? Particularly when they're done well. This high five in Big always springs to mind as an example of a top quality high five.

Do you frequent in high fives regularly or are you just not a fan of them?

I do like to delve in them occasionally but I think high fives have always been a quality over quantity thing.

Does anyone have any tips how to give a good high five? Some fellow boardsies could learn a lesson in this thread and avoid some future social embarrassments. :cool:

Here's some background if anybody on boards are unfamiliar with the gesture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_five :pac:

Discuss...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Apparently it's all in the elbow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

o/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

benway wrote: »
    o/

\O

yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Its a very yank thing:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Did one earlier with the flatmate after one of us delivered a witty remark. It's not important which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm all about knuckles.
    High Fives are so 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'm all about knuckles.
    High Fives are so 90s

Talk to the hand cos the face doesn't want to hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

benway wrote: »
    o/
    krudler wrote: »
    \O

yeah!

o/ dawg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Discuss...

Save it for the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

The pictures explaining the "too slow" high five in the wiki article are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

High fives rock. Some people don't like them, usually travellers or muslims. This adds to the brilliance.

Nothing better than two people going for a high five and missing, I love witnessing that.

Never high five a rabbi:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Seems like a very gay thing to do. Whats wrong with people these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I use a fist instead of high fives...I like fisting :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

High five, isn't it something that we used to do as kids or that an adult might do to a kid after he scored a goal or something. Peculiar eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

High Five: A Collection

Featuring the Self-Five, the Hypothetical High Five, the Relapse High Five, and many, many more...

Also, High Six:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

micropig wrote: »
    Never high five a rabbi:D

Or Abu Hamza - http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_02/HamzaHookES_468x337.jpg

:eek:

newmug wrote: »
    Seems like a very gay thing to do. Whats wrong with people these days?

Hmm I think you don't quite understand what a high five entails. It doesn't involve having a cock up someone's arse. Do you need to read the wikipedia article again? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

High fives are a pile of nonsense.

High fives are great aren't they? Particularly when they're done well. This high five in Big always springs to mind as an example of a top quality high five.

Do you frequent in high fives regularly or are you just not a fan of them?

I do like to delve in them occasionally but I think high fives have always been a quality over quantity thing.

Does anyone have any tips how to give a good high five? Some fellow boardsies could learn a lesson in this thread and avoid some future social embarrassments. :cool:

Here's some background if anybody on boards are unfamiliar with the gesture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_five :pac:

Discuss...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Love a good high five.

Great feeling when it works out well.

brimal wrote: »
    Love a good high five.

Great feeling when it works out well.

Am I missing something, Is 'high five' a..I urban dictionaryied it

High five
    Symbol of celebration when something good is said/done. The causes for the call of "HIGH FIVE" can vary from anything as small as finding something cool on the floor to something as big as saving the world from almost certain destruction
    dude, look at what i just found on the the floor-a lump of stone...HIGH FIVE

Well captain,we shut down Dr.bigbadmanMC's super massive destruction thing, thus saving the world....HIGH FIVE

2. High Five
    The single acceptable greeting gesture that will bring the American culture full circle. An abrupt collision of two individuals hands to signify coolness, acknowledgement, amusement, agreement, or testosterone (in the case of a male.)
    April 21st is National High Five day.

3. high five 105 up, 40 down
    A high five is a painful slapping motion shared between so-called buddies after something great has been accomplished.

There are 3 different types of high fives:
    - PAINFUL high fives are the best kind! They leave that slight stinging sensation on your hand. If you get one of these, you know that both you and your friend are happy...

- WEAK high fives are often signs that your friend ISN'T very happy about your accomplishment. (A.K.A. He wished that HE had found the $20 lying on the street.)

- MISS high fives are when you miss the other person's hand entirely. If this happens, you need to get a life. It means you have a serious lack of accomplishments in your current one. I feel sorry for you.

"Yes! We beat those sorry losers!" HIGH FIVE (painful!)

"Oh, wow! I found a $20 bill" HIGH FIVE (weak!)

"Mom! Someone at school actually spoke to me today!" HIGH FIVE (miss!)

4. high five
    The AIDS virus. Hi-V.
    She went off to college and graduated with the high five.

5. high five
    the act of gathering $5 from 4 of your friends to buy a gram of weed, and then smoking it in one session.
    yo, are you guys down for a high five tonight?

7. High Five
    When you are doing a chick from behind while she's sucking off your homeboy, or the other way around, and you slap his hand up way high.
    Me and Matt gave her the High Five last night

What exactly are we talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Number 7. We are all definitely talking about number 7.

brimal wrote: »
    Number 7. We are all definitely talking about number 7.

;)They're the best high fives I like those too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

They are the reason I stopped going 10 pin bowling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

To indulge in another silly clichéd Americanism: meh!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Those pesky Americans seems to love High Fives down low.

I'm constantly giving them the "high Five" down low, especially in the following work areas :

Hotel Baggage Handlers.
    Those guys that get your car from the car park
    Waiters / Waitresses etc..

Anyway... culture is way different over there, they all put their hand out on the sly looking for that "High Five" down slow so best to slap that sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I like to high five my mickey

Advertisement