Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC throttling Rapidshare

• 12-03-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Is UPC restricting Rapidshare download speeds? Mine seem to be really slooooooowwww, everything else fine (50Mb)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

No, Rapidshare are limiting free users download speed to combat piracy. You get full speed with a premium account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

On premium, various links relate to different servers. Some can tend to be quite slow while others aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I think i'm blocked now altogether on Rapidshare. Can't access on laptop but I can access it on 3g on phone. As soon as I connect phone to wifi I can't access again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'd say that rapidshare is probably being hockied because megaupload was taken down.

If megaupload was the number 1 file storage and download site and all it's users start looking elsewhere... then it's probably gonna have a noticable impact on other file storage sites.

It came back up after a few hours. Very strange.

• Advertisement

doncarlos wrote: »
    It came back up after a few hours. Very strange.

FFS, same thing happening again. It happened this time after I had downloaded about 15GB in a couple of hours. Can't get on to rapidshare at all now with UPC on any computer on my network or smart phone.

The UPC account is under my housemates (landlords) name so can't even ring to check up as I don't have account number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Glad to see it hasent just been me. Seemed to happen very soon after Megaupload went down so I assumed it would be sorted shortly after. Still getting crap speeds. I used to get nearly 2MB/s, right now it's ~70kb/s. Thats a BIG drop off in speed. Every other host is still fine.

Shooting themselves in the foot big time if they are limiting speeds that much. The market was there for the taking and they've gone the wrong way with getting people to try it.

Advertisement