Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden European tour 2012

Options
  • 12-03-2012 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Myself and herself were thinking of going to see Soundgarden in Europe at some stage during May or June this year.

Anyone else going to go see them? They're one of my favourite bands, wondering if it'd be worth the trip?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I know it's not SoundGargen but are you aware Chris Cornell is playin the Olympia ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Dermighty wrote: »
    Myself and herself were thinking of going to see Soundgarden in Europe at some stage during May or June this year.

Anyone else going to go see them? They're one of my favourite bands, wondering if it'd be worth the trip?!

Download, they are playing the Sunday, the rest of the line-up is great, can't wait to see them now

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Yup Download it is & the Olympia for a direct CC fix :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

scudzilla wrote: »
    I know it's not SoundGargen but are you aware Chris Cornell is playin the Olympia ??

Yeah I saw that. His last two solo albums were dire so the less of that crap I hear the better, plus it's soundgardens music I like, not Chris Cornells recent crap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Yeah I saw that. His last two solo albums were dire so the less of that crap I hear the better, plus it's soundgardens music I like, not Chris Cornells recent crap :P

Yeah but songbook is an acoustic collection of songs from his entire career, so not as much crap as you might think! Cant wait, his voice is as good as ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Carry On had some pretty nice tracks, "No Such Thing", "Arms Around Your Love" "Scar On The Sky"... Also I was at Olympia in 2009 and Chris was performing songs from Scream, and they sounded amazing with the band! "Long Gone" rock version is lovely, as is "Two Drink Minimum" and "Lost Cause"... Sure Scream was not a great album but I ended up digging it quite a bit when I worked out or even just wanted something a little light to listen to. I just think its great he tried out something totally different, it shows musical diversity and courage; even if it wasn't great in the end!

As for the Soundgarden stuff, I love "Superunknown" but its the only album by SG that I love to bits. I really like the Adioslave albums, all three. :)

Can't wait to see Chris Cornell in Olympia. Will probably get a chance to meet him as I know someone who knows him! :D

Advertisement