Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 12-03-2012 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi. Just looking for advice. I live in a block of apartments between Ballyfermot and Inchicore. Up until recently we never had any hassle at all. But since Christmas need people moved into the apartment below us and are very very noise. Tonight has been the worst so far with extreme noise, a lot of banging and shouting. What should I do? I have thought about calling the guards but worried about them finding out who it is!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

You have a few choices you can make:

I) Speak with the neighbours and ask them to be more considerate. People often are not aware how noisy they are and may be embarrased to think they have been causing you problems.

2) Speak with the apartment management company and tell them what the problem is. Maybe its not just you who has a problem with the noise.

3) If its a privately rented apartment, the owners must be registered with the Private Residents Tenance Board (PRTB) and you can try to get a message to the apartment owners through them. Believe me, no landlords want tennants that cause hassle.

4) Call the Gardai by all means, but what can they do? They have no powers to get them to keep the noise down. Calls like this are not prioritised by Gardaí as they have other calls to go go - although, they certainly would not be saying to the troublesome residents that 'pat in apartment ### has made a complaint about you, so could you keep the noise down'. The troublesome tennants will get pi**ed that the complainant did not come to them and decide to cause more noise. Just saying!! Use the Gardaí as a last resort.

5) You can get a form from your council asking them about taking civil action against the troublemakers. Essentially it is a civil matter, not a criminal matter (hence the Gardaí don't get involved), and if the noise is so bad this may be the only option open to you. If you go onto any council website or citizens advice website, you should be able to get some advice.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement