Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

There are claims going round that original tapes fit in Masterpiece Soundwave, but Masterpiece Tapes don't fit in original Soundwave.

it seems to be a YMMV thing for some reason (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

wernstrom! wrote: »
    There are claims going round that original tapes fit in Masterpiece Soundwave, but Masterpiece Tapes don't fit in original Soundwave.

it seems to be a YMMV thing for some reason (?)

YMMV?

Your mileage may vary.

some are claiming there is no issue... but Masterpiece Laserbeak is slightly wider than the original mold going by one picture in circulation.

Your mileage may vary.

some are claiming there is no issue... but Masterpiece Laserbeak is slightly wider than the original mold going by one picture in circulation.

Cheers!

Funds allowing, might pick up one or two of the tapes to display.

Top of the wants list at the moment is the Hardbone headmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

and awaits Galvasean's reply about being able to get a Hardbone for a lot less than 90 dollars, if ya know what I mean ;) * I'll get his coat*

• Advertisement

Guess what kids:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Action-Figures-and-Playsets/Transformers-Masterpiece-Optimus-Prime%280103941%29?searchPosition=0

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Cheers!

Funds allowing, might pick up one or two of the tapes to display.

Top of the wants list at the moment is the Hardbone headmaster.

Because "Headmaster" by itself wasn't suggestive enough.

On the fence with that guy, ToyWorld items don't seem to sell out that quick, and finishing Ura...TFC Superion is my most immediate priority.

Because "Headmaster" by itself wasn't suggestive enough.

On the fence with that guy, ToyWorld items don't seem to sell out that quick, and finishing Ura...TFC Superion is my most immediate priority.

It's pricey enough that I'm waiting for the reviews before committing. I'll probably still purchase though, just not on pre - order.

99 queenheads for the TRU uk. A bit rich for me (as I have one but would buy another if the price was ok). I'll wait for the summer sale. :)

I know this isn't a very busy place, but maybe we should have a separate third party thread?

Jayd0g wrote: »
    It's pricey enough that I'm waiting for the reviews before committing. I'll probably still purchase though, just not on pre - order.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTExOTgwODA0.html

I know this isn't a very busy place, but maybe we should have a separate third party thread?

Good idea, I've been derailing this thread enough!

On a tangent, that's a fairly detailed look at Hardbone. Hadn't realised how small he was, about the size of large deluxe / small voyager.

Still want it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Took the plunge bought my 1st Masterpiece Hasbro Rodimus :D can't wait to get him .......what have i done !!!

Took the plunge bought my 1st Masterpiece Hasbro Rodimus :D can't wait to get him .......what have i done !!!

What you should do is watch out for the dreaded disintegrating shoulder joints of doom.

But congrats none the less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

And so...

...it begins...

Where did you pick him up, if you don't mind me asking? I never even took mine out of the box :( Nice looking toy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

bought him on Cybertron Cafe , Its a Facebook Group specializing in Transformers :) got him for 90 dollars shipped so did pretty good on prices,

Hasbro released official images of MP Soundwave and all the tapes. Yellow eyes. Which is fine with me as the original toy had yellow eyes. Just wondering on the price. Either way, I'll pick it up.

DBK wrote: »
    Hasbro released official images of MP Soundwave and all the tapes. Yellow eyes. Which is fine with me as the original toy had yellow eyes. Just wondering on the price. Either way, I'll pick it up.

Leaked info from Hasbro Australia a few months back indicated same price as the Hasbro version of Mp10.

Waiting to see pictures without Photoshop, but not enamoured enough with the toy to go a second round.

Yeah, no way I'd pick it up a second time. Was debating on picking him up at all but now he's the complete package with all the tapes, I reckon I'll jump on the bandwagon and pick him up. Again, this depends on TRU and their terrible supplies.

I think that's probably going to be the same price as Hasbro MP10 after one of the price hikes.

$100 seems low... considering TRU US were pushing Thundercracker to $80 IIRC.

• Advertisement

Pictures of prowl and streak are out

Look promising.

Pictures of prowl and streak are out

Look promising.

Bluestreak looks awesome!

I'm starting to think Takara are ACTUALLY going to call it Bluestreak, even though it's always been Streak in Japan before.

Those feet are freaking me out. Looks like they're wearing clogs. Still have the three of them on pre-order :)

Bluestreak was one of my least preferred Autobot Cars back in the Day. His deco and character just weren't as interesting to me as Prowl.

Plus the fact the toy in the box wasn't what was on the box annoyed me.

But right now i'm inclined to say i like the look of Masterpiece Bluestreak more than Masterpiece Prowl.

I like the way Prowl has no shoulder weapons, just like the cartoon. These were probably one of my fav toys in the G1 one range back in the day. Sunstreaker was of course top, then Jazz (I didn't get him for ages) and the Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen model. If they get the licences under control, Jazz would be an easy follow up to these.

I like the way Prowl has no shoulder weapons, just like the cartoon. These were probably one of my fav toys in the G1 one range back in the day. Sunstreaker was of course top, then Jazz (I didn't get him for ages) and the Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen model. If they get the licences under control, Jazz would be an easy follow up to these.

There is no font big enough for that word.!

Seen somewhere online that TRU have put a price on Masterpiece Soundwave of 120 dollars. If that's true, that's a great price for himself and his 5 cassettes.

I suppose, on a long enough time line a 3rd party will address a Masterpiece Jazz as a Porsche 935.

They (3ps) are already starting to run out of Gestalts to do.

Based on the way things are going these days, my money is on Fanstoys, or maybe Toyworld.

But i feel like Fanstoys would do it better.

Seen somewhere online that TRU have put a price on Masterpiece Soundwave of 120 dollars. If that's true, that's a great price for himself and his 5 cassettes.

Was that the Canadian TRU listing?

Hate to be that guy, but i've seen some suggestion that TRU Canada are charging less for exclusive TFs than TRU US

And on a flimsy segway, Got Ravage and Rumble* the other day.

Ravage is almost mind-boggling in complexity for such a tiny thing, and doesn't seem *that* fragile either.

Note to self: Update charter with RIRFIB=fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Note to self: Update charter with RIRFIB=fact.

Better get two of each, just to be safe...

Advertisement