Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

It's in the van. Being delivered around 11.30 :D Sweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DBK wrote: »
    It's in the van. Being delivered around 11.30 :D Sweet.

Ordered 2 days ago. Have it since 8am.

Love Parcel Motel :-D

Just wondering, will Metroplex fit in Parcel Motel bins? If not....... I'm just sayin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Just wondering, will Metroplex fit in Parcel Motel bins? If not....... I'm just sayin :P

well, I just got notified that soundwave didn't fit in the box. I've to go pick it up from finglas now.
    mp-10 just barely fit in the large parcel box.
    Metrotitan was the biggest box I've had delivered. there's no way it'd fit in parcel motel.

AxlF wrote: »
    well, I just got notified that soundwave didn't fit in the box. I've to go pick it up from finglas now.
    mp-10 just barely fit in the large parcel box.
    Metrotitan was the biggest box I've had delivered. there's no way it'd fit in parcel motel.

What?

Truth be told, I ordere TWO Soundwaves (delivered in the same box so it's twice the size) and BOTH fitted into the one Parcel Motel box.

• Advertisement

Ok got home and opened it up. Very nice model. Have no intention of transforming it but have an alt mode Reissue beside it.

The only thing that was really disappointing was the ravage model. The reissue was far superior although the masterpiece version does not need any pieces added to it in panther mode.

Rumble and Frenzy are superb.

All in all, a great bundle.

And well worth 135euro delivered for the entire lot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Soundblaster and ratbat in March

Has anyone got the MP Shockwave yet (or Quakewave if you prefer)?
    I'm getting more and more of a goo on to buy him. He looks great with his eye lit up and I was just looking for positive feedback to tip me over the edge.

On that topic, is there any electronics whizzes out there that could tell me something. Is there a way to connect the likes of Shockwave, to a current and be able to leave his LED on all the time? I want him to display in his full, lit-up mode but I don't want to be changing CR-1025 batteries every week. Or put him on a switch... like a lamp I love lamp.

Calling Quakewave a Masterpiece is stretching it a bit. Otherwise, i can't add to the superlatives that have been (slightly over)used to describe it.

Although i'm mostly glad i bought it.

• Advertisement

Now that I have Quakewave in hand it's very hard to not call him a Masterpiece. Everything about him is quality. His plastic, his weight from his diecast, the almighty posability (squiggly red line!?), the little electric features and the classic G1 look all tick the boxes for a Masterpiece. He feels better and more solid than Soundwave and he's WAY more stable on his feet than almost all the other MP decepticons.

On another note; I better start saving
    Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with Trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

AxlF wrote: »
    Now that I have Quakewave in hand it's very hard to not call him a Masterpiece. Everything about him is quality. His plastic, his weight from his diecast, the almighty posability (squiggly red line!?), the little electric features and the classic G1 look all tick the boxes for a Masterpiece. He feels better and more solid than Soundwave and he's WAY more stable on his feet than almost all the other MP decepticons.

Wow. Thanks for that brief review. I've been thinking of getting him.
    On another note; I better start saving
    Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with Trailer

WOW. Hopefully the figure will look great. I can't wait to see pics. So August release? So Wheel-Jack, BB and Magnus are going to be really spread out then. I wonder if Magnus will be the only "Big Guy" release for 2014. The designer can check Magnus off his priority list. I wonder how long until MP-Bruticus and other Combiners.

JohnMc1 wrote: »

WOW. Hopefully the figure will look great. I can't wait to see pics. So August release? So Wheel-Jack, BB and Magnus are going to be really spread out then. I wonder if Magnus will be the only "Big Guy" release for 2014. .

My sometimes wrong, sometimes right, source sent me a msg after Magnus was solicited, saying that if preorders for Magnus work out the way TT hope, we'll be getting purple faustbot for Xmas next year, adn that Hasbro Asia are looking at a reissue of Rodimus to go with it.

This should ALL be taken with a pinch of salt of course.

..and even if true, it still leaves a smaller Megatron not dealt with, and it's time for a new Skywarp too.

Actually, i want a cartoon accurate Thundercracker as well thanks.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    My sometimes wrong, sometimes right, source sent me a msg after Magnus was solicited, saying that if preorders for Magnus work out the way TT hope, we'll be getting purple faustbot for Xmas next year, adn that Hasbro Asia are looking at a reissue of Rodimus to go with it.

This should ALL be taken with a pinch of salt of course.

..and even if true, it still leaves a smaller Megatron not dealt with, and it's time for a new Skywarp too.

Actually, i want a cartoon accurate Thundercracker as well thanks.

Thanks Wernstrom. An MP-Galvatron is long overdue. As I said previously I've been expecting since Rodimus came out. I don't think we'll ever get a new MP-Megatron. Atleast not a G-1 Walter P-38 alt mode.

A more toon accurate Seekers mold would be nice, but I'm not sure people will want to buy them all over again.

Dublin City Comics have MP Prowl for 85 euro if anyone is interested.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Dublin City Comics have MP Prowl for 85 euro if anyone is interested.

Or if you have a bit if patience, you can get it for about 50 like i did.

Or if you have a bit if patience, you can get it for about 50 like i did.

How?

How?

HLJ

Also i accidentally hit the edit button instead of the quote button.

(dur!)

HLJ

Also i accidentally hit the edit button instead of the quote button.

(dur!)

How can they sell them so cheap. I presume you wait to get a few together to save shipping but you are surely hit by customs?

How can they sell them so cheap. I presume you wait to get a few together to save shipping but you are surely hit by customs?

Because the SRP for a Masterpiece car in Japan is about 40 euro, plus plenty of Japanese stores/sites take another 20% off.

Shipping from Japan is often cheaper than the same shipping service from the US.

No combined shipping on my part, no customs form fiddling, and i've never been charged on a box from HLJ yet.

• Advertisement

Just checked my cc and I paid 65euro from Robotkingdom delivered. Prowl on his own, nothing else. No customs on plastic toys under 150euro I think as long as it's marked as plastic toys.

Because the SRP for a Masterpiece car in Japan is about 40 euro, plus plenty of Japanese stores/sites take another 20% off.

Shipping from Japan is often cheaper than the same shipping service from the US.

No combined shipping on my part, no customs form fiddling, and i've never been charged on a box from HLJ yet.
    Just checked my cc and I paid 65euro from Robotkingdom delivered. Prowl on his own, nothing else. No customs on plastic toys under 150euro I think as long as it's marked as plastic toys.

Thanks lads, good to know in future. Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus are all buys for me.

Hrrrrm I know a few people who've been stung on items clearly marked as toys in the last few months, and in each case the declared (and actual) value of the goods was 60 euro or less.

It's a grey area as things marked as Toys can be hit with customs over 50 quid, but if marked as plastic toys, it goes up to 150 or something. And robot toys are charged different than other type of toys. I think sometimes you are lucky or not with the customs.

My MP-Prowl was shipped out today. Can't wait to get him.

If you missed out on Megs the first time its being re-issued.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11213&mode=retail

Masterpiece Megatron wasn't getting anything like that on the secondary market last i looked.

Prowl arrived this morning. Looks great. Here are some of my pics.

564076_10151753236947684_568460721_n.jpg

1383398_10151753237297684_1302082707_n.jpg

1380621_10151753237532684_1834537030_n.jpg

I've been meaning to do some size comparison pics. So I figured i would do them today.

Some retailers already have Bluestreak and are now shipping them. So if you pre-ordered yours might be on its way.

• Advertisement

Picked up my prowl yesterday. Need more shelf space!

1DAF44D1-2B9D-436D-935B-BE7982A670B5-287-0000002651D69B07_zps54b2f8ac.jpg

Advertisement