Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

Feck!! That's awful. (although probably understandable)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I'd be interested to hear your feedback on Ultra Magnus mate.....he just looks a bit too big and chunky for my liking. Don't know what it is about him... I just can't put my finger on it...

The back kibble?

Nah just that he's so massive...I'm a Masterpiece newbie but am I right that he's the largest? They're probably only being faithful to the original so perhaps I should just be quiet! :)

Nah just that he's so massive...I'm a Masterpiece newbie but am I right that he's the largest? They're probably only being faithful to the original so perhaps I should just be quiet! :)

From what I've seen he's about as tall as the old MP-1/2 Prime/Magnus figure. He should be be pretty massive given that's he's combined with his trailer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I'd be interested to hear your feedback on Ultra Magnus mate.....he just looks a bit too big and chunky for my liking. Don't know what it is about him... I just can't put my finger on it...

picked it up this morning from parcel motel, gotta say, i love him. up there with soundwave, starscream and prime for me. really looks well. the spike and daniel figures are a bit poor. but Magnus himself is awesome looking. doesnt come with the matrix but there is a spot there for it in his chest. i love him.

If i had one complaint its the two wrist\arm areas, the blue part could go together better in robot mode. you can see it in the pics. other than that, perfect for me, Transformers the movie acurate!

You can see the size comparison in the pics below.. he barely fit in the shelving unit i have!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

It is a tempting figure. Will have to see how the cash flow is at the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

So now that it's a new year what would everybody like the currently unknown, MP-25 to be?

Personally I would love more Decepticons. I doubt the MP line will ever introduce combiners and to be honest I would prefer if they didn't, but unfortunately that leaves out an awful lot of Decepticons. There are so many non-combiner Autobots compared to Decepticons.
    I would love to see Sixshot to be the next masterpiece. Although a better version of Megatron is badly needed.

If they do more Autobots I would love to see some Headmasters or some non-car models like Blaster or Perceptor. That would be a welcome change of pace and would complement their current line up nicely.
    That being said if they did Tracks next I would be quite happy :)

Long story short, my vote is for Sixshot.

After Soundwave, Blaster is guaranteed at some point.

Any one of the movie crew.

Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    Arcee
    Springer
    Kup
    Wheelie
    Wreck-Gar

Would love any of them myself!

Just got an email today from kapow saying my Skywarp MP11SW has shipped! Other than Starsabre which ive no interest in to be honest, there are no new MPS upcoming are there? They must be going to announce one soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

keithgeo wrote: »
    picked it up this morning from parcel motel, gotta say, i love him. up there with soundwave, starscream and prime for me.

I hope Starscream is stable up there. The MP11 mold isn't as fragile as MP3 but....

there are no new MPS upcoming are there? They must be going to announce one soon.

Aside from the Ironhide/Tracks rumours, i was told by one source that Hound is shortlisted and Trailbreaker is definitely on the to do list.

He's usually right but he admitted Exhaust was a surprise to him. And then there's specualtion TT are leaking false info to find said leaks. With 3P Masterpieces becoming more common, can't blame them.

, there are no new MPS upcoming are there? They must be going to announce one soon.

Good Lord. We just started 2015. Star Saber is coming out around March IIRC. We'll probably start hearing about other ones within the next few weeks.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Good Lord. We just started 2015. Star Saber is coming out around March IIRC. We'll probably start hearing about other ones within the next few weeks.

haha i know im impatient, its unusual for there only to be 1 masterpiece in the works though. I pretty much have all the ones i want now except Thundercracker, i missed him first time. Skywarp is on the way now and other than that the only one i dont have is megatron but i dont really like the look of him anyways, so hoping they release a better mold, Im not really into the alternate colours, like gold megatron etc so give all them a miss, though i did get silver\bluestreak yesterday. Ive no interest in Starsaber either, most of my transformers love is for G1 so i had to google Starsaber to find out what it was!

haha i know im impatient, its unusual for there only to be 1 masterpiece in the works though. I pretty much have all the ones i want now except Thundercracker, i missed him first time. Skywarp is on the way now and other than that the only one i dont have is megatron but i dont really like the look of him anyways, so hoping they release a better mold, Im not really into the alternate colours, like gold megatron etc so give all them a miss, though i did get silver\bluestreak yesterday. Ive no interest in Starsaber either, most of my transformers love is for G1 so i had to google Starsaber to find out what it was!

They teased a new Mp-Megatron [I'm guessing to be in scale with MP-10] with the photos of Legends Bombshell for Combiner wars [there was a Megatron drawing in blueprint style format in the background] I hope we get a new Megatron [with better legs] to fit the new scaling they've been going with since MP-10. I wonder if this one will have the switchable logos to coincide with the current comics. I hope we get some more Season 1 and 2 characters before they do anymore post G-1 characters.

IIRC that Megatron shown in Combiner Wars lineart had rather bulky lower legs. If it's meant to be an actual toy, i'm skeptical the alt mode is a gun. That and Hasbro wouldn't release a G1 Masterpiece Megatron anyway.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    IIRC that Megatron shown in Combiner Wars lineart had rather bulky lower legs. If it's meant to be an actual toy, i'm skeptical the alt mode is a gun. That and Hasbro wouldn't release a G1 Masterpiece Megatron anyway.

You're right. That was a tease for CW Megs than a new Masterpiece.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    That and Hasbro wouldn't release a G1 Masterpiece Megatron anyway.

I never noticed that Hasbro haven't released a version of MP-5. Any reason for that?
    That being said I can't imagine MP-5 sells too well. I could be wrong, just guessing based on my personal opinion of the unit. It badly needs an update.

Whammy! wrote: »
    I never noticed that Hasbro haven't released a version of MP-5. Any reason for that?
    That being said I can't imagine MP-5 sells too well. I could be wrong, just guessing based on my personal opinion of the unit. It badly needs an update.

Fear of bad press, or even worse, somebody actually being injured as a result of a G1 themed Megatron being mistaken for a real gun.

Allegedly, several years ago, Hasbro's Transformer staff submitted a G1 Megatron for approval. It was (again allegedly) cast pretty much entirely in safety orange and it's said it was rejected as it was still considered too much of a liability.

MP5 has been reissued.....3? 4? times. I would've thought the revenue from it is pretty low these days, but who knows for sure?

Whammy! wrote: »

Toy companies Stateside are weary of releasing toys that look like real life guns. That's why Classics Megatron looked like a Nerf Gun and a Hasbro exec said that to re-release it they would have to make it look even crazier color wise.

I guess the closest we can get to a new MP-Megatron is a Universe Megatron that turns into a tank that's conveniently in scale with MP-10.

• Advertisement

FansToys Perceptor and Reflector.

I'm lazy, Google for images.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

JohnMc1 wrote: »

I guess the closest we can get to a new MP-Megatron is a Universe Megatron that turns into a tank that's conveniently in scale with MP-10.

Sorry to drag it to third party but the X-transbots Apollyon is looking like a perfect MP-10 counterpart.
    Aaaaand back to official transformers - i don't see Hasbro releasing a realistic gun replica for the reasons stated already. Too many legal implications in the US market.
    Takara might redo MP-5 but apparently, 'baddies'just don't sell that well in Japanese culture. Hence the huge imbalance in autobots to decepticon masterpieces.
    They have been extremely quiet on upcoming projects lately though.

AxlF wrote: »
    Takara might redo MP-5 but apparently, 'baddies'just don't sell that well in Japanese culture.

MP11SW being a Hasbro Asia release would tend to support that. Even where a 'collector' line is concerned.

A new (real) Masterpiece Megatron. That promo image Takara released of CW Megatron beside MP10 makes me think not soon. Or maybe ever

AxlF wrote: »
    Sorry to drag it to third party but the X-transbots Apollyon is looking like a perfect MP-10 counterpart.
    Aaaaand back to official transformers - i don't see Hasbro releasing a realistic gun replica for the reasons stated already. Too many legal implications in the US market.
    Takara might redo MP-5 but apparently, 'baddies'just don't sell that well in Japanese culture. Hence the huge imbalance in autobots to decepticon masterpieces.
    They have been extremely quiet on upcoming projects lately though.

We do discuss third party toy that are made to be compatible with Masterpiece. Its not an exclusively Masterpiece thread now.

On a side note I finally ordered MP-22 Ultra Magnus. I cant wait to get him.

I just got an email for a pre-order for MP-21G. G-2 Bumbebee [just MP Bumblebee in Gold paintjob]

The images for the last few new masterpieces mentioned (3rd party too)

Takara MP-21G (G2 Bumblebee)
    G2-MP-Bee_1420722765.jpg

Fan Toys Telsa FT-09 (Masterpiece style Perceptor)
    Link to image

Fan Toys Spotter FT-11 (Masterpiece style Reflector)
    Link to image

I linked the two Fan Toys images as they were a bit too big and dominated the page.

Perceptor and Reflector look great. G-2 Bumblebee is too much like the current one to warrant another purchase. Maybe if a Bugbite repaint or something different.

According to Big Bad Toy Store MP-10 is getting another re-issue in May.

Kapow have updated some of the masterpiece stock.

They got back in the MP-10 Eva which I missed the first time. Well, when I say missed I really mean I couldn't afford it haha. Sadly that's still the case. But I did just place an order for Wheeljack :)
    Was temped to go with MP-23 Exhaust instead, just to be different :D
    Even though I've been interested in Masterpieces for a long time, my collection has always been very small. Always had other things to spend money on. I hope to get a least another one in the year.

What's everyone's stance on collecting Masterpiece figures?
    Do you only collect what you like, or are you more of a must have them all, even figures you can't connect with?
    Curious to know how everyone else collects...

Heard a rumor on twl2005 that RocketPunchArmy said mp-25 will be Iron Hide and mp-26 will be Mirage.
    Was hoping Tracks would be in that list but a Takara Mirage would be quite nice.

Just what I like and Skywarp that time Argos were selling them dirt cheap.

I buy the G1, only the original paint schemes, don't go for all the alternates. Have all I want except megatron now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Just what I like and Skywarp that time Argos were selling them dirt cheap.

Great times.
    I bought a stack of them for customising... which means I have a pile of half painted, broken Skywarps.

Advertisement