Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I paid for one of these. Looks too good to be true but I contacted the seller beforehand and he swears blind they're authentic.

Date stamp matches my Frenzy and Buzzsaw...and mine is 'real'...so maybe it is authentic.

Or, they're using very close replica boxes/putting KOs in 'real' boxes.

It probably is real though.

Do KO Masterpiece boxes still have the date stamp on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

ChopShop wrote: »
    Date stamp matches my Frenzy and Buzzsaw...and mine is 'real'...so maybe it is authentic.

Or, they're using very close replica boxes/putting KOs in 'real' boxes.

It probably is real though.

Do KO Masterpiece boxes still have the date stamp on them?

My KO Streak did.

That seller has some good stuff and prices. It looks like the items that come out the back door of the factory. There's another seller called Lena and he always has unboxed TFs for sale almost as soon as they are released. He had a flood of MP Bumblebees and Gold MP-05s a while ago. I've bought a lot of Generations stuff from him.

On another MP(ish) tape note - does anyone have any hands on experience with the KFC tapes? I have Transistor (who is a phenomenal interpretation of Blaster despite paint flaws) and he is sorely outnumbered by Soundwave et al.

AxlF wrote: »
    There's another seller called Lena

Have you a link please?

Wow! Thanks ....I see they're also selling the Masterpiece Cassettes. I'm not sure if they're KO or not. The box looks right but the prices say KO. I looked at the item description and found:
    Now it has the KO items for selling, pls compare the BOX package and the items inside when you received, then it can know what's the original item with the KO items, Hope you can see the pictures carefully from our store that's the real/original shoot items for that!!! Thanks!

I read it and re-read it several times and still haven't a clue what it means!!!! :D

• Advertisement

I'm not going to vouch 100% or anything but everything I have bought was legit as far as i could tell.

I think that garbled message is saying that there are KOs available in general but the photos they have taken of their own stock are of real MPs and you can compare when you get the items.
    Mind you, one of his MP-15 auctions ended at $3.75 so what the hell do I know.

I find that most sellers that sell KOs are happy to advertise that fact - like Uncle Billy on Aliexpress. He's great for genuine Takara, Third party, KOs and KOs of Third party.
    So a search for MP Prowl will give up 2 results - one Takara, one KO and the prices will be adjusted accordingly.

Anyway - so now that MP-25 has been confirmed as NOT Megatron is anyone interested in X-Transbots Apollyon?
    He looks great in pictures at the moment but I have seen some amazingly bad reviews of XTBs other products, specifically Ollie, the MP Wheelie they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

After stating earlier that I only buy G1's and not the repaints of characters that came later, I bought Masterpiece Sunstorm. I just liked the look of it. Might buy Tigertrack to go with the yellow theme...Must resist....oh why do they pay me money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Finally got to grab my Masterpieces out of the attic [been having work done here the last couple of weeks] and snapped some pics.

20150124_1444031_zps371c26ac.jpg

20150124_1415371_zpsa48682d2.jpg

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Finally got to grab my Masterpieces out of the attic [been having work done here the last couple of weeks] and snapped some pics.

]

I'm staring really hard, but still can't see Wheeljack :)

DBK wrote: »
    After stating earlier that I only buy G1's and not the repaints of characters that came later, I bought Masterpiece Sunstorm. I just liked the look of it. Might buy Tigertrack to go with the yellow theme...Must resist....oh why do they pay me money?

Tigertrack was a day one preorder for me, and not just as a stop-gap-Sunstreaker.
    So was the TT verison of Sunstorm. The Hasb... We all had a fair idea that was going on Sale and even then i thought twice about it.

I'm staring really hard, but still can't see Wheeljack :)

I'm hoping to get Wheeljack and Bumblebee soon.

• Advertisement

Tigertrack was a day one preorder for me, and not just as a stop-gap-Sunstreaker.
    So was the TT verison of Sunstorm. The Hasb... We all had a fair idea that was going on Sale and even then i thought twice about it.

Might have to pick up Tigertrack so. Wasn't going to get Sunstorm but when a masterpiece goes on sale, I have trouble resisting. I had two Skywarps but still bought another one when Argos sold them off for 23 quid. Would have picked up Grimlock again except they weren't in stock.

Has anyone bought any of those Masterpiece type Dinobots. Would really love a Snarl Masterpiece but just worried about the quality?

Has anyone bought any of those Masterpiece type Dinobots. Would really love a Snarl Masterpiece but just worried about the quality?

I have Scoria.

Soar i don't have. I still can't make up my mind on what deco to pick, and 'bird' Transformers are always fundamentally limited to me. So i'm not buying more than one Soar.

Scoria was criticised for the hips not being able to support the weight of the legs properly when suspended. Up/Down shoulder swilvels tend to be loose.

The second part was fixed..sort of. New shoulder assemblies were supplied. Tighter but still looser than i would like.

The hip issue... Scoria isn't easy to take apart, that one is essentially unresolved.

Scuffed Chrome from the factory seems a bit more common than it should be.

LED problems with sword and gun, becoming non-functional, or apparently never worked at all. Seen a bit of that too.

Horns take on a slightly tarnished finish after a while. I can live with it.

Complaints they used diecast to the point of detremental weight in some areas.

Soar...

Tabs that lock the legs in place are apparently still an issue after video reviews of samples pointed out problems. Complaints they went overkill on the diecast again.

Might be other things (?)....i will admit i tuned out a bit for the moment.

FT are not a flash-in-the-pan...they do send out replacement parts and do interact on boars. Even MMC don't do that much now (?)

But there are some ongoing issues. Quakewave had fairly few problems IIRC. So i don't know if it's a new factory or something inherent to Masterpieceish Dinobots becsuse of size.

TLDR: Sever is likely to have some issues too. FT will prob address them. If they eliminate them, we'll see.

Gigapower are still vaporware..size on their Snarl looks interesting tho. I personally dislike the way they have gone more toy than cartoon with the front legs.

Bullfire...

Well Airstrike is out, and i think it is at least in scale with Grimlock. I think it may even be reasonably well made (?) But i think they're gonna get left behind somehow.

Thanks for that. I really like FT version of Snarl ( and their other models) so it is just down to the quality at this stage.

OK, got Magnus. No import tax or anything so I got lucky there.
    First impressions - His truck is beautiful and his transformation is, maybe, the best transformation process I've ever seen. It's a really good blend of cleverness, difficulty, intuitiveness and solidity.
    2015_01_25_11_30_48_1.jpg
    The truck comes away from the trailer too which is a nice touch.
    2015_01_25_11_30_20.jpg
    The material is a good combination of high quality plastic and die cast making him very heavy - at 1.02kg he's 200g heavier than Citizen Stack but much lighter than MP-01.

But the robot... the robot is a brick, a pure brick. And the back view is hideous.
    2015_01_24_21_30_48.jpg

He's almost G1
    2015_01_25_15_49_00.jpg
    You can see the brotherly resemblance.

And spot the guy with no waist swivel...
    2015_01_25_15_42_54.jpg

In fairness, from the front he looks a lot better but his range of motions is fairly limited. However, he can sort of do the movie pose.
    2015_01_24_21_46_42.jpg

Personally, I am happy with him but he'll be staying as a truck. I'll load him up with cars.

Nice photos. Ordered mine to complete the G1 set. Was thinking about citizen stack for a while now and now they are selling him off for around 100 dollars I might look him some more.

OK, got Magnus. No import tax or anything so I got lucky there.
    First impressions - His truck is beautiful and his transformation is, maybe, the best transformation process I've ever seen. It's a really good blend of cleverness, difficulty, intuitiveness and solidity.
    2015_01_25_11_30_48_1.jpg
    The truck comes away from the trailer too which is a nice touch.
    2015_01_25_11_30_20.jpg
    The material is a good combination of high quality plastic and die cast making him very heavy - at 1.2kg he's 400g heavier than Citizen Stack but much lighter than MP-01.

But the robot... the robot is a brick, a pure brick. And the back view is hideous.
    2015_01_24_21_30_48.jpg

He's almost G1
    2015_01_25_15_49_00.jpg
    You can see the brotherly resemblance.

And spot the guy with no waist swivel...
    2015_01_25_15_42_54.jpg

In fairness, from the front he looks a lot better but his range of motions is fairly limited. However, he can sort of do the movie pose.
    2015_01_24_21_46_42.jpg

Personally, I am happy with him but he'll be staying as a truck. I'll load him up with cars.

Great pictures AxlF. Yeah the buttflap for Magnus is weird. I guess they'll never be able to get them 100% toon accurate.

I've been thinking of getting Citizen Stack for awhile. He makes a great updated G-1 figure so i might display him with my BT/Alts collection.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Great pictures AxlF. Yeah the buttflap for Magnus is weird. I guess they'll never be able to get them 100% toon accurate.

I've been thinking of getting Citizen Stack for awhile. He makes a great updated G-1 figure so i might display him with my BT/Alts collection.

Thanks.
    Stack is by no means perfect. He's lighter and a bit wobblier and he needs the extra SXS head to look good. But his robot mode is, in my opinion, a better looking and more playable representation. I think the wobbly hip is a OK pay off for having hip swivel.
    His truck mode is very good too but compared to MP-22 it's a bit... actually they are similar enough with MP-22 edging it due to removable truck and being able to carry 4 cars (Stack only holds 3). The transformation was fine but now feels cumbersome in comparison too.
    Stack is huge.
    2015_01_24_21_28_17.jpg

He scales perfectly with MP-01 and terribly with MP-10
    2015_01_24_22_26_04.jpg

He's also mean to his baby bro
    2015_01_24_22_28_45.jpg

Thanks.
    Stack is by no means perfect. He's lighter and a bit wobblier and he needs the extra SXS head to look good. But his robot mode is, in my opinion, a better looking and more playable representation. I think the wobbly hip is a OK pay off for having hip swivel.
    His truck mode is very good too but compared to MP-22 it's a bit... actually they are similar enough with MP-22 edging it due to removable truck and being able to carry 4 cars (Stack only holds 3). The transformation was fine but now feels cumbersome in comparison too.
    Stack is huge.
    2015_01_24_21_28_17.jpg

He scales perfectly with MP-01 and terribly with MP-10
    2015_01_24_22_26_04.jpg

He's also mean to his baby bro
    2015_01_24_22_28_45.jpg

Thanks AxlF. I love my MP-Magnus but I was on the fence about Stack. I heard the 2.0 were better than the original release [that seems to be par for the course with 3rd Party products. It was the same with Miracle metal Works Vehicle Voltron] Big Badtoystore is doing a deal on Stack with the SXS heads for $139.99
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KFC10052&mode=retail

That's why I've been thinking of getting him as well.

That's a good price with the head included. Shipping is a bit high though.
    This has the guy I bought it from
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Keith-Fantasy-Club-Eavl-Metal-Citizen-Stack-In-stock/2040015465.html
    I've used this guy several times and other than a slight misunderstanding about the replacement joints for Stack it's all been good. €115 delivered, no SXS head though.

• Advertisement

Was looking at Citzen Stack on TFsource.com as they have him for the same price as BigBadToystore. Put it through the cart and shipping is like 60 dollars, bringing it to 200 dollars shipped. That works out at around 180 euros give or take. Shipping is a killer on this one.

Had this in the third party forum but seeing as it's third party MP style KFC Transistor (Blaster) I just wanted to post my update here.
    I've had some issues but mostly resolved now. A replacement for a broken foot tab is on it's way from OmegaLock. Cartoon head is removed for a comic book head. Used Tamiya X-27 red to touch up the tiny areas where the paint got chipped.
    The original test shots had silver buttons but the final product had black. Not sure why that changed but I've painted this guy's buttons silver.
    Added the Autobot logo and the Autoscout cassette. Also figured out how to store his rifle on his back, which is a nice touch.
    Really like this guy. Best Third Party since Quakewave IMO. And the best transformer in general, that I have bought in a while.
    2015_01_29_14_38_52.jpg

Rumours floating around of a TRU Masterpiece Starscream. Would be nice if it was true, though I have a few MP Starscreams floating around as it is.

Rumours floating around of a TRU Masterpiece Starscream. Would be nice if it was true, though I have a few MP Starscreams floating around as it is.

Given the source, you can probably take it as true for the moment.

Cool. Now just a 2.5 year wait for MP Skywarp if they decide to release him based on TRU Thundercracker time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Really hope its not a sunstorm repaint as that mould is a tad lacking for me.

There's also talk of a Leaderclass Screamer thanks to this
    0073ed6d7f0574bcfd91e3635eec47a4.jpg
    Might be nice. I enjoyed the Jetfire it springs from.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Finally! A proto picture of Tracks

B-VncAiCEAAp6YK_1424489356.jpg

Apart from the flippy panel insignia I think he looks great.

Whammy! wrote: »
    Finally! A proto picture of Tracks

B-VncAiCEAAp6YK_1424489356.jpg

Apart from the flippy panel insignia I think he looks great.

Waist looks a little thin. Need to see it from another angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

I believe the waist is facing away from the camera while the upper body is facing towards the camera which is making proportions seem off.
    Not to mention that the paper isn't completely flat with the camera. The straight lines for the box around Tracks are crooked.

So yeah needless to say, a proper photo with a decent pose is needed. I'm sure Takara aren't going to release a modern masterpiece with odd proportions.

• Advertisement

So Tracks isn't coming out until 3rd Quarter. I wonder if that means a dry spell of releases once Star Saber comes out in a few weeks. Or will we be getting repaints of existing molds during that time period.

Advertisement