Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So Tracks isn't coming out until 3rd Quarter. I wonder if that means a dry spell of releases once Star Saber comes out in a few weeks. Or will we be getting repaints of existing molds during that time period.

MP10 reissue in May, IIRC. G2 Bumblebee in July. Prowl and Wheeljack were both released in August of their respective years. So i'm guessing that's where Tracks is going.

April, don't know. June... June seems to be the month for Tokyo Toy Show Masterpiece repaints.(?).and there's been no BLUEstreak yet... That's not to say i've heard anything solid. TT also seem to be avoiding (mass) releasing 'more expensive' Generations items and Masterpiece items in the same month...and Unite Superion was solicited for June.

5 month delay is getting kind of silly tho. They need to speed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

ChopShop wrote: »
    MP10 reissue in May, IIRC. G2 Bumblebee in July. Prowl and Wheeljack were both released in August of their respective years. So i'm guessing that's where Tracks is going.

April, don't know. June... June seems to be the month for Tokyo Toy Show Masterpiece repaints.(?).and there's been no BLUEstreak yet... That's not to say i've heard anything solid. TT also seem to be avoiding (mass) releasing 'more expensive' Generations items and Masterpiece items in the same month...and Unite Superion was solicited for June.

5 month delay is getting kind of silly tho. They need to speed up.

Thanks Chopshop. Yeah these delays suck. I would love a Blue Bluestreak as well. I'm surprised he along with Clamp-Down and Deep-Cover haven't been announced yet.

I forgot:

Mp11 and Mp14 were also in the rumour mill for Takara reissues. As opposed to Hasbro Asia. This would translate into less stiff pricing since the Yen is on the weak side, and Takara are less opportunistic with pricing

I forgot:

Mp11 and Mp14 were also in the rumour mill for Takara reissues. As opposed to Hasbro Asia. This would translate into less stiff pricing since the Yen is on the weak side, and Takara are less opportunistic with pricing

I thought Red Alert reissue was released before Christmas? Robotkingdom is saying that Exhaust and Star Saber will be released on the 21st of March. Is any other site saying the same thing?

I thought Red Alert reissue was released before Christmas? Robotkingdom is saying that Exhaust and Star Saber will be released on the 21st of March. Is any other site saying the same thing?

I thought that was Hasbro Asia? Maybe there's no Japanese reissue of MP14 at all.(?)

Star Saber, one Japanese site is saying 'about march 15th' another is saying 'mid march'

Exhaust, if you're referring to the yes/no/yes/no/yes/no/yes/no thing with Philip Morris sending threatening letters to retailers, i don't think Takara have actually cancelled it yet, or revised it any further.

Some retailers cancelled orders, others took it down and say they'll fill orders already placed.

Otherwise, should be the same release date as Star Saber?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Scan from Tag Hobby.

Another picture of Tracks from a more flattering angle.
    Also pictures of Star Saber showing loads of little things. I placed a pre-order for Star Saber a while ago. Very glad I did. Been getting more and more into Transformers Victory and more hyped for his release.

I hope he does well and Takara release more Japanese Transformers like Ginrai (Masterforce) or Chromedome (Headmasters) etc.

dm150407-929x1280.jpg

Whammy! wrote: »
    I hope he does well and Takara release more Japanese Transformers like Ginrai (Masterforce) or Chromedome (Headmasters) etc.

Hints have been dropped where Ginrai is concerned...

Chromedome, well you've probably seen Maketoys Cuppola, if that meets your requirements.

Yeah I saw Cuppola. First time I was interested in a 3rd party product. Actually it's the second time :p The first time was when I saw Apollyon.

I'll wait to see a colored version of Cuppola (not a digibash) before I make my mind up. They only major negative I have with Cuppola is with the headmaster itself, Stylor. Did not look good. But everything else ticked the right boxes including the scale.

So now that Tracks is official it looks like Ironhide will be on his way at some point. How does everyone think he will transform? With or without a sled?
    After seeing how they when with Ultra Mangus's toon transformation rather than the toy, I would imagine they will do the same for Ironhide.

Yeah I saw Cuppola. First time I was interested in a 3rd party product. Actually it's the second time :p The first time was when I saw Apollyon.

I'll wait to see a colored version of Cuppola (not a digibash) before I make my mind up. They only major negative I have with Cuppola is with the headmaster itself, Stylor. Did not look good. But everything else ticked the right boxes including the scale.

So now that Tracks is official it looks like Ironhide will be on his way at some point. How does everyone think he will transform? With or without a sled?
    After seeing how they when with Ultra Mangus's toon transformation rather than the toy, I would imagine they will do the same for Ironhide.

Apparently it's 'with'. How much of a sled that actually is, we'll see.

An alternate Stylor, from another party, could happen. How that paint is applied, we'll see...but MT are usually pretty G1accurate with colors...i think (?)

Apparently it's 'with'. How much of a sled that actually is, we'll see.

I always considered it a Battle platform [like Rodimus'] rather than a sled.

• Advertisement

According to Robotkingdom Exhaust is still supposed to be released. They have not received any official confirmation about it being cancelled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

First Coloured image of Tracks.. comes with Raoul and Mini Blaster!

11018802_917322901621240_2549671513053456737_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

First Coloured image of Tracks.. comes with Raoul and Mini Blaster!

11018802_917322901621240_2549671513053456737_n.jpg

The coloured image makes it look much chunkier which pleases me :-)

^ That new picture is still stretched making him look slimmer than he will be.

I resized it to get rid of the streching...
    16091740203_9b79d28a13_o.jpg

I can't wait for a (non streched) front view photo of Tracks in color.
    He is one of my favorite Transformers, but I'm a little on the fence regarding getting him.

There are a few things that bug me about him.
    The tabs on his blue wrists.
    The what appears to be hollow sections on the inside of his blue legs.
    Tiny feet.

Whenever I see Tracks in my head I picture something like this...
    ahm_tracks_prelim_sketch_by_guidoarts-d33btob.jpg

I'm going to wait and see before I place a pre-order on him.
    I did originally have money put aside for Tracks but my wife convinced me to get Star Saber :) Very glad I put on order on him as he looks super fun.

Latest info says Tracks isn't MP25 but that it's too soon to confirm who 25 is.

I wonder if this puts the Megatron rumour back on the table?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was thinking that, it makes sense i mean if its MP 25 and not out until September, thats a long way off with no new MPs until after that.

I forgot to mention, for those of you who didn't see it elsewhere, there's talk of "two new sports cars" towards the end of the year.

Hopefully that means something beyond Road-Rage and Ironhide... Cause with 3P Masterpieces seriously snapping at Takara's heels, they need to pick the pace up.

So excited for this guy :)

Box is the same size as the Ultra Magnus box
    B_VLYUAUcAAsZ6f.jpg:large

Exhaust should also be coming out soon. Anyone got an order on him?
    Would love to see some in hand pictures of Exhaust.
    I forgot to mention, for those of you who didn't see it elsewhere, there's talk of "two new sports cars" towards the end of the year.

Any more news on these "two new sports cars"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Damn that's pretty.

Would love to see some in hand pictures of Exhaust.

Philip Morris said NO!

Any more news on these "two new sports cars"?

Apparently the news came from a Hasbro Rep.... Since Sideswipe and Blue/Silver/Whateverstreak are due from TRU this summer... I'm gonna guess it's crossed wires.

Otherwise, continuing the speculation, one source who has been correct in the past said Sunstreaker is on the cards and another claims Jazz exists...I don't mean the 3P one that's being teased at the moment.

I can't put the word speculation in large enough letters for that last paragraph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Gah, I just pre-ordered Apollyon without seeing any reviews.
    Wanted to grab a sweet pre-order price but now there's some remorse kicking in.

I'm praying he's the next Quakewave - both in quality, transformation and sky-rocketing price after I purchase him.

Non-Japan release of Exhaust seems to be pretty much scuppered. Japan, not entirely certain. Amazon JP and the like still have it up for order.(?)

AxlF wrote: »
    Gah, I just pre-ordered Apollyon without seeing any reviews.
    Wanted to grab a sweet pre-order price but now there's some remorse kicking in.

I'm praying he's the next Quakewave - both in quality, transformation and sky-rocketing price after I purchase him.

Between poor responses to previous products and the increase in Masterpiece(ish) items, i think there's a fair amount of pressure on them to succeed.

IIRC Quakewave kind of predates the current Masterpiece hype though, a bit like the iGear Coneheads. In both cases, there's no alternative items available, and the manufacturers have moved on to other products.

Where aftermarket prices are concerned...I don't think Apollyon is going to follow Quakewave particularly.

Newer photos of Tracks...

1_000000002825.jpg
    2_000000002825.jpg

And masterpiece Blaster :pac:

6_000000002825.jpg

These photos do Tracks a lot more justice. Pretty happy with how he looks here. Still confused about the tab on his wrist :confused:
    But overall I'm pretty happy with the look. Pre-order is now placed :)

I wish that grey was darker. Other than that, happy enough so far.

I'll definitely be getting that. Now bring on ClampDown and DeepCover.

I'll definitely be getting that. Now bring on ClampDown and DeepCover.

That

That

Thanks. I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten them yet. They're as much of a no brainer as Blue Bluestreak is.

I can't imagine Takara would release Deep Cover. I mean they already have the same mold released in black with G2 Sideswipe. Sure they are two different figures, but in alt mode they are both essentially a black Lamborghini.
    Of course they could release them as a set like the original.

• Advertisement

I can't imagine Takara would release Deep Cover. I mean they already have the same mold released in black with G2 Sideswipe. Sure they are two different figures, but in alt mode they are both essentially a black Lamborghini.
    Of course they could release them as a set like the original.

I doubt Takara will let that stop them if they do decide to do Clampdown and Deepcover. They'll want to milk the molds as much as possible.

Advertisement