Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    MP- BW Optimus Primal coming.

mp-munky__scaled_600.jpg

Unless there's a Megatron to go with it, i'm not sure how much i want it.

Oh wait,it's Takara. They don't make Masterpiece Megatrons anymore. :rolleyes:

ChopShop wrote: »
    Unless there's a Megatron to go with it, i'm not sure how much i want it.

Oh wait,it's Takara. They don't make Masterpiece Megatrons anymore. :rolleyes:

I'd say there's a better chance of a BW-Megatron than a new G-1 Megatron. They probably want to avoid gun Megs with all the recent events.

I'd say there's a better chance of a BW-Megatron than a new G-1 Megatron. They probably want to avoid gun Megs with all the recent events.

People are putting about rumours that there will be another (G1) Masterpiece Megatron in or around next summer.

Don't think i've seen the claim from anyone who has a proven track record of being right though.

Hasbro are falling behind Takara anyway.

Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Red Alert, Ultra Mangus. All a year or so old, still no talk of a Hasbro release.

If there was a new Masterpice Megatron, Hasbro would still make something out of it i think, by way of Hasbro Asia.

People are putting about rumours that there will be another (G1) Masterpiece Megatron in or around next summer.

Don't think i've seen the claim from anyone who has a proven track record of being right though.

Hasbro are falling behind Takara anyway.

Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Red Alert, Ultra Mangus. All a year or so old, still no talk of a Hasbro release.

If there was a new Masterpice Megatron, Hasbro would still make something out of it i think, by way of Hasbro Asia.

As much as I would love a new G-1 Megatron to be in scale with MP-10 I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'd rather they moved on to G-2 Megs or Galvatron if the gun mode is such anxiety inducer for HasTak.

I'm very disappointed in Hasbro for falling behind on the MP line. I would gladly wait for the Hasbro versions, but they obviously aren't interested in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

My MP-08X Oversized KO arrived from China last week.
    It took several weeks, and the whole package was drenched and smelled foul. The nice looking Takara-style box was pulp, and the plastic clam inside was squashed. Luckily the figure was un-scathed apart from the tip being missing off of the sword (seller is sending another).
    You can tell it's a KO ( I have a first-edition Takara MP-08 too) - Neither the ratcheted jaw or the tail-> head gimmicks work (the former isn't ratcheting and just springs shut, and he's too cumbersome for the latter), and they've changed the sword/gun arm led from a push button to a toggle, so now you can accidentally toggle it on in dinomode and waste your battery without realising. Finally, the ball-joint on the dino legs/robot arms is so still that you need to support the other side of the joint for fear of it breaking!

With that out the way, I'm absolutely in love with it. I can't stop grinning at it, and feel like an 8-yr old again. You need two full hands to hold it. It looks amazing - the paintwork and logo are spotless, the mould is perfect to look at, and he's all shiny and new unlike my MP-08 whose feet are looking a bit tarnished.
    Plus, I really think the MP-08X paintjob looks nicer. I may have to get a Gutter to pair him off with.

MP-08 has gone back in the display cabinet with the other legit bots, and this fella now had pride of place on my desk at work!
    So, if you're ever in the south-side of the city center at night, keep an eye out for a giant Grimlock staring down at you from the first floor of an office block.

Had no idea KOMP Grimlock has a few compromises.

Will wait for the FansToys one i think and demote the real one(s) to the "CHUG" shelf.

Looks like we might be getting an MP-Jazz.

http://tformers.com/rumor-mp-31-to-finally-be-masterpiece-jazz/28502/news.html

Stepper repaint in 3....2......1....

http://tformers.com/rumor-mp-31-to-finally-be-masterpiece-jazz/28502/news.html

Stepper repaint in 3....2......1....

Think that drawing was debunked as a fake...(?)

But IIRC according to more than one person with inside info, Masterpiece Meister (Jazz) does exist, albeit without the Martini branding.

Think that drawing was debunked as a fake...(?)

But IIRC according to more than one person with inside info, Masterpiece Meister (Jazz) does exist, albeit without the Martini branding.

Thanks. Usually TFormers is good at catching stuff like that. Hopefully we will get a MP Jazz at some point.

• Advertisement

Delta Magnus aka Diaclone Powered Convoy confirmed.

http://tformers.com/mp-31-revealed-delta-magnus-better-known-as-diaclone-powered-convoy/28681/news.html

I've been expecting this since Ultra Magnus Perfect Edition was fist announced. I'm still expecting an Evil Nemesis Magnus at this point.

My UW-04 arrived the other day (bonus time => treat). An overly tight joint on Hook, and Long Haul was missing a pin. Fixed that with a screwdriver and a paperclip respectively...
    Loving it. Waiting for the Ocean Design transfers and Shadow Fisher kit from CN (much better than the PE effort by all accounts). Half tempted to get some silver model paint out and add a couple of details.

MP-28 is supposedly in the post still from JP.
    Also bought my first original (not KO) third-party toy in the form of Cupola which should be here soon.

Going to need a new cabinet...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Cupola is great, you wont be disappointed, i got IronWill myself this week i was so impressed with Cupola. I bought the autobot\decepticon symbols and put them on myself. Hotrod arrived this week too.

MP-28 Hot Rodimus, and MP-29 Lazerwave arrived from HLJ finally. That cost a packet in VAT/Duty. Won't be doing that again.

My Wei-Jiang M01 (Oversized AoE) arrived around the same time as Cupola. Haven't transformed him yet. See e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEn2JngVqhg . Along with my incoming Spark Toys SP-01 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMwShrpAuc0 ) will round out my Primes.

In the meantime, Guttur (Chrome) arrived. Decided to get off the fence on the Dinobots and commit to these guys. Reximus Prime has a friend now, and Grassor should be here in the next couple of months. He's a beaut. I love the diecast bits.

BcCyogP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Where did you get the Blast City from and how much?

Where did you get the Blast City from and how much?

I got it shipped to the UK about 6 years ago via Ronnie (well known exporter in the Netherlands). Cost me about 1000 EUR at the time including shipping.
    Then I got it shipped to Eire a few years ago when I moved here. Left the NAC behind :-(
    Gradually cleaned her up, although need to respray the metalwork. One tiny scrape in the artwork on the right, and a couple of tiny tings elsewhere, but otherwise in darn good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would be one of my first purchases if I won the lotto.

That and an Electrocoin Duet

222003201.png

So maybe not yet, but Generation Toy's J4zz is getting closer, and now ToyWorld have announced that their Jazz-a-like is on the horizon.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/14/toyworld-reveals-masterpiece-scale-jazz-figure-blues-317000

Hova is still apparently knocking around too.

Waiting for TT to announce theirs and confirm my suspicions regarding their 3P tactics.

PaulPriest wrote: »
    So maybe not yet, but Generation Toy's J4zz is getting closer, and now ToyWorld have announced that their Jazz-a-like is on the horizon.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/14/toyworld-reveals-masterpiece-scale-jazz-figure-blues-317000

Hova is still apparently knocking around too.

Waiting for TT to announce theirs and confirm my suspicions regarding their 3P tactics.

Was it said (correctly or otherwise) that "Blues" and "Hova" are one and the same? IIRC, the company producing Hova went more quiet than is normal for 3P

I should know the answer to this really, but work has pulled me away a bit from TFs these days.

As for a real Masterpiece Jazz, Porsche are so troublesome about licensing, i don't think it will happen. Ever.

I am half expecting Porsche to go after Western dealers who sell any 3P version of Jazz, and am wondering if fear of such is why a 3P (MPish) Jazz took so long.

Feel free to shoot me down on any of the above.

Was it said (correctly or otherwise) that "Blues" and "Hova" are one and the same? IIRC, the company producing Hova went more quiet than is normal for 3P

There have been various reports lately that it's still alive.
    Whilst "Blues" and "Hova" look more superficially similar than you might expect, I see substantial differences, and not a lot in common. Especially the legs, feet, panels on the feet are all obviously different despite the blurry pic.

• Advertisement

There have been various reports lately that it's still alive.
    Whilst "Blues" and "Hova" look more superficially similar than you might expect, I see substantial differences, and not a lot in common. Especially the legs, feet, panels on the feet are all obviously different despite the blurry pic.

Thanks for pulling me up. :)

Would be one of my first purchases if I won the lotto.

That and an Electrocoin Duet

222003201.png

OT: The only other one in Eire I'm aware of is up for sale again: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100751214

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Generalist

Is there a big transformers fan here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads apologies if not allowed but would any of you be interested in a Fan Toys Quake Wave ?? have it on adverts at the moment

Lads apologies if not allowed but would any of you be interested in a Fan Toys Quake Wave ?? have it on adverts at the moment

Tempting (I have MP-29 and dislike it :( ). Then again, I'm loving the look of the grey/black Cloud9 Quakeblast, which is based on the same mould and much cheaper and due out soon.

Tempting (I have MP-29 and dislike it :( ). Then again, I'm loving the look of the grey/black Cloud9 Quakeblast, which is based on the same mould and much cheaper and due out soon.

If you're interested drop me a pm and I'm sure I can do a better price , I only got it 2 weeks ago on a Facebook group and unfortuneatly ran into a bit of car trouble during the week and need to get some money back into the kitty

Also have this fella up for sale would love to move him on , Just haven't room for most of my MPs any more have no price put up as I'm fairly movable on price

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've always liked Transformers Prime, particularly the characterisation, voice acting and animation. In many ways it's better than G1 I think.

Anyway, although I wasn't a fan initially (too used to the G1 version), Prime's version of Megatron really grew on me and would now possibly be my favourite.

So...

20200909-162601.jpg

Size comparison...

20200909-162629.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement