Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

There is a Transformer comic signing event on the 27th of this month. I'd hold onto your cash for that. You never know, they might discount their TF stock in it's honour. Well, here's hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well i won;'t be going to Dublin again til the 1st week of December so hopin they'll still have some left then for me to spend my Xmas cash on :D

Just over a week now for Sideswipe to be shipped. Cant wait. Then the run into Christmas with Soundwave and Red Alert.

Thundercracker is awaiting shipping so that's great.

But I've heard bad news about toysrus cancelling all their MP Optimus Prime pre-orders. I hope this doesn't turn out to be true. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Heard a second hand story that TRU.com (not UK) now ship internationally, and that is should work okay so long as you pay with a credit card and not Paypal.

DBK wrote: »
    Just over a week now for Sideswipe to be shipped. Cant wait. Then the run into Christmas with Soundwave and Red Alert.

Thundercracker is awaiting shipping so that's great.

But I've heard bad news about toysrus cancelling all their MP Optimus Prime pre-orders. I hope this doesn't turn out to be true. :(

Still can't make my mind up on Sideswipe. ... a fair few 3rd party items are a lot more tempting right now.

TRU *UK* are flip-flopping on when they'll have Masterpiece Optimus on the shelf.... looks like some significant supply issues.

Well, I'll post some images of him when I get him. You know you want it. :)

If TRU are shipping Int I'll re-order and maybe keep an eye on the UK branch too. I'll order from all off them and see which comes first. If it's like my MP-01 I'll end up with three :)

• Advertisement

and that is should work okay so long as you pay with a credit card and not Paypal.

Why should the payment type matter i went in to see if it worked and i was getting an MP Thundercracker for 86 euro delivered to Ireland you can pay with paypal though ...Well thats what it looks like to me anyway

Why should the payment type matter i went in to see if it worked and i was getting an MP Thundercracker for 86 euro delivered to Ireland you can pay with paypal though ...Well thats what it looks like to me anyway

I'll direct your particular attention the part where i said "Second hand story".

t. If it's like my MP-01 I'll end up with three :)

I only have two :-(

And i don't even really want the second either.

Are they takara or the hasbro ones? Think one of mine is gold or something....

A vague listing has apparently popped up in TRU US compuaters marked "Masterpiece 3" with a price point of $90.

Some are wondering if it's Starscream with the cape and crown...

Others thing it's maybe Soundwave with the few extra dollars explained by tapes... it holds three tapes at once (?) and Laserbreak, (blue) Rumble and Ravage had by far the most screen time.

Are they takara or the hasbro ones? Think one of mine is gold or something....

Mp1 and Mp1L. I can't discount the joys of a big heavy diecast robot that screams at you in Japanese

Gold? all i can think of is lucky draw.

• Advertisement

At 90 dollars, I don't think it could be Soundwave seen as he's going for 150 dollars with one tape.

Nah, not gold or lucky draw. I just keep telling my OH it is so I get to keep all my doubles :)

At 90 dollars, I don't think it could be Soundwave seen as he's going for 150 dollars with one tape.

:)

Takara's pricing is a lot more ambitious than Hasbro's.

This isn't me on a 'can i get it cheaper' thing, i'm probably coughing up for Mp13 on release.

My problem is that if it's true, I know I'll end up buying both. Just love the Takara boxes. Silly I know but I just find the hasbro ones easier to open as the boxes make them look like toys. The takara boxes make them magical or something :P

I'm indifferent to Hasbro packaging, and i think i even slightly dislike Takara packaging..... like they don't wear well from repeated openings and closings.

Then buy two so you don't have to keep opening them :)

My days of buying two and three are gone out the window. Especially this year with the release of 7 Masterpieces I've bought/pre-ordered. That and Encore Fort Max, a Kabaya Fort Max and a God Ginrai to name just a few.

Ye're those kids who got toys in big boxes for xmas and threw the toys away and played with the boxes aren't you lol :P

Then buy two so you don't have to keep opening them :)

My days of buying two and three are gone out the window. Especially this year with the release of 7 Masterpieces I've bought/pre-ordered. That and Encore Fort Max, a Kabaya Fort Max and a God Ginrai to name just a few.

QC is so potentially spotty on Masterpieces, that in several cases, I have.

Ye're those kids who got toys in big boxes for xmas and threw the toys away and played with the boxes aren't you lol :P

Play with the boxes and risk getting a crease on it??!!?? That's just crazy talk :P

wernstrom! wrote: »
    QC is so potentially spotty on Masterpieces, that in several cases, I have.

Yeah, I've heard horror stories. I think I got lucky for most of them. Even my Rodimus Prime was ok.

Crazy paying the amount of cash for a masterpiece and the OC is rubbish.

It's like Masterpiece Rodimus was jinxed...because it's Rodimus.

• Advertisement

Never liked Rodimus either in toy, comic or cartoon. The whole upgrade when he possesses of the matrix was a joke. Take it away from him and he's Hot Rod again, peh...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hot Rod/Rodimus is my favourite character because he was a flawed leader.

Well, they got that perfectly right with his masterpiece. :)

Yeah loved Rodimus too, Especially his growth from Eejit to hero in the movie

He did what Starscream couldn't (if you don't count his brief stint). Get his leader killed and take his place. And he was supposed to be one of the good guys :P

Pure awesomesauce

Annnndd Masterpiece Thundercracker has arrived :D Happy Days :D:D

Annnndd Masterpiece Thundercracker has arrived :D Happy Days :D:D

Aint he pretty?

(sell my two MP7s? What?)

• Advertisement

Wanted to buy a MP7 as all my other seekers are Takara version. This is the new mold too which now I need the other seekers to be the new mold too. So much more I'd rather spend my cash on that buying the same Masterpiece over and over. Now I wait for MP 10 TRU. Heard that they are still honouring their pre-orders...when they get the supply that is. :(

Advertisement