Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Anybody see the Fantoys announcement of a Masterpieceish Shockwave?

Difference is this time they've done it with a short time frame to spare, it's due in two months.

Last time round, they started showing off a resin proto of their attempt at a Masterpiece Soundwave before Takara had announced one, and before they had announced and solid date

Then Takara stepped in with their own, and the Fantoys version was scuppered.

Personally, going to hold out in hope that Takara will respond with a Masterpiece Shockwave........ allegedly Takara have dozens of designs on standby in readyness for a situation like this,

DBK wrote: »
    Still awaiting my sideswipe from Robotkingdom. I ordered it with Red Alert so they'll probably come together after christmas. Just haven't had a new transformer since the last one and I need my fill :(

If you ordered together, they'll ship together, unless you contact them after the fact and ask them to ship separate.

I keep forgetting MP14 is out next week.... 3rd party seems to have most of my attention, and spare cash, these days.

Meh. TT may get me back for a bit when Masterpiece Soundwave is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Nah, no joygasm :( seems when I buy a transformers, the joy lasts only a little while, then its on to the next.

With the Masterpieces it seems I'll get them when I get them and I'm not pushed as such as long as I have them. I only buy them pre-ordered so they don't sell out or the price doesn't go up. When it comes to G1 though, I have to have them now. They're my true drive. Everything else just seems secondary.

Got my shipping email this morning from Robotkingdom. MP Sideswipe and Red Alert are on route.....sweet....doubt I'll see them this side of Christmas though but still happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Which version is it? At that price I'm tempted!

• Advertisement

Rumour is that its the TRU exclusive one :)

Rumour is that its the TRU exclusive one :)

Thanks for the heads up, very much appreciated!

Ordered there, first time using amazon. Far too easy to register and get the order going. :)

Expected delivery 2nd February.

Some are saying they mispriced it, but hopefully they'll honour it. A Masterpice for just over 40Euro, worth a gamble. :)

Some are saying they mispriced it, but hopefully they'll honour it. A Masterpice for just over 40Euro, worth a gamble. :)

Hopefully! I wasn't too pushed about it at the previous price, but as you say for 40 euro you can't go wrong.

wtvdvo.jpg

...but can't hurt to give it a shot, right?

• Advertisement

...also, now that i have Masterpiece Red Alert and Lambor.....

...i much prefer Alert.

My Sideswipe and Red Alert are waiting for me in work. Sweet. :D

Friend just sent me a txt saying he got a cancellation email, blaming a pricing mistake.

wernstrom! wrote: »

Friend just sent me a txt saying he got a cancellation email, blaming a pricing mistake.

I got the same email :(

Jayd0g wrote: »

I got the same email :(

Allegedly someone was told they will be relisted at 100gbp

I wonder how it will sell at that price..and how far off a sale might be ?

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Allegedly someone was told they will be relisted at 100gbp

I wonder how it will sell at that price..and how far off a sale might be ?

Too rich for my blood, will wait and see though!

Sorry about that JaydOg. Was hoping they'd honour it but judging by the amount of orders them seem to have received not a hope :(

Some major man-child-meltdowns over it on the larger sites.

People threatening to 'sue' Amazon for not honouring the price, even though it was blatantly obvious they stood to loose money on it.

Oh well. Still have the Takara one to keep me amused.

Yeah, ridiculous really. Kids :)

I got my TRU one also, looks great. And my Red Alert and Sideswipe arrived too. Man, didn't realise the box was soooo small :)

Sorry about that JaydOg. Was hoping they'd honour it but judging by the amount of orders them seem to have received not a hope :(

No worries sure, was worth a try. I saw the ad on a few of the sightings forums, so they must have received a shed load of orders.

• Advertisement

There was rumour of it being 65quid, so we'll have to wait and see. Probably still the cheapest you'll see that toy at. Don't think it will go down the road of Skywarp at Argos ;)

Love this review though :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R6CZ962IOHH0Q/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00AJJ6H0E&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=468292&store=kids#wasThisHelpful

*Had to add another post as JaydOg has the exact same post count as me and this is unnatural :P

OP - ROLL? love it!
    Love this review though :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R6CZ962IOHH0Q/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00AJJ6H0E&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=468292&store=kids#wasThisHelpful

*Had to add another post as JaydOg has the exact same post count as me and this is unnatural :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not to be facetious, but it is kind of amusing to see grown men who collect toys throwing child-like tantrums...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Not to be facetious, but it is kind of amusing to see grown men who collect toys throwing child-like tantrums...

"You must be new here?"

So, anybody order Masterpiece Soundwave?

I tried to, but I just couldn't click the pay button. Even after watching the vid online of him it didn't inspire me. I'll get it, but I'm not dying to get it like I was some of the other ones.

This may be strange but he's just too much like his G1 counterpart and though I love my G1 Soundwave, this masterpiece just isn't doing it for me.

I think you're right. The relative accuracy of the original toy may be part of its enduring popularity

I tried to, but I just couldn't click the pay button. Even after watching the vid online of him it didn't inspire me. I'll get it, but I'm not dying to get it like I was some of the other ones.

This may be strange but he's just too much like his G1 counterpart and though I love my G1 Soundwave, this masterpiece just isn't doing it for me.

My thinking is along the same lines. I got excited when the early pictures were released, but in the end I went with picking up an encore Soundblaster.

• Advertisement

Seen this and nearly had a baby:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11667&mode=retail

Thought it was masterpiece Sunstreaker, not a Yellow sideswipe :(

Advertisement