Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Kinda kicks Sunstreaker down the corridor, doesn't it?

Mp17 confirmed as Prowl.

Mp18...... Smokescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

MP 19 Bluestreak ? Was thinking about the original G1 line up if they make them as Masterpieces and there is a long way to go. Hound, Mirage, Wheeljack, Ratchet/Ironhide and of course Sunstreaker :) Just hope we come to the day I have a masterpiece Sunstreaker....please....

Bluestreak was just "Streak" in Japan. They didn't get any catalogs or packaging that showed him with blue...that could go any way.

Wheeljack.... a TT designer was apparently asked at the last Tokyo Toy Fair.... licensing was cited as a problem.

Non sports car alt modes.... apparently perceived marketing issues.

Mirage.... Rumors Guy Ligier is liable to sue TT/Hasbro if they go near the JS11 again.

All very speculative mind you.

But if they're pulling out a yellow sideswipe, I'd reckon if they made the datsun mold, they'll colour it in every possible colour to make cash.

Ah well, guess I'll have to make a decision on Soundwave so if I want another Masterpiece anytime soon.

• Advertisement

Pre-orders for Prowl and Smokescreen up. Awesomesauce. Bought. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DBK wrote: »
    Seen this and nearly had a baby:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11667&mode=retail

Thought it was masterpiece Sunstreaker, not a Yellow sideswipe :(

gutted...of all the masterpieces I ever hoped for, Sunstreaker top of the list :(

FutureGuy wrote: »
    gutted...of all the masterpieces I ever hoped for, Sunstreaker top of the list :(

Same here. I was watching Season 1 of Transformers G1 and everytime (which wasn't that often, tbh) Sunstreaker appeared, my daughter would say "there's your favourite Daddy"... :)

The kids love the G1 cartoons. My daughter now has the words "Obilvion" and "Doom" in her vocabulary all thanks to Megatron :) She also like Rumble as he's small "like me" ...kids are weird :)

Streak is good for another 3 decos i guess.

Same basic question everytime a new Masterpiece is released, not 'Is it worth it' because they never are, but 'can you do something better with the cash?'

She also like Rumble as he's small "like me" ...kids are weird :)

So, don't have the heart to tell her it's really Frenzy, huh?

/Troll.

Pre-orders for Prowl and Smokescreen up. Awesomesauce. Bought. :D

Q: With taxes and import duty, how much do you expect to get those two preorders for?

To all here - which version of Sunstreaker do you think is the best out there as a model?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Q: With taxes and import duty, how much do you expect to get those two preorders for?

To all here - which version of Sunstreaker do you think is the best out there as a model?

Well, I normally look at the price in dollars and expect to pay that in euros, give or take a few quid. I've banged in the pre-order with bigbadtoystore at 79 dollars a pop, but I'm really just waiting for them to go up on Robotkingdom as they normally come in cheaper.

As for a Sunstreaker model, I have the Universe (2008)one on my desk in work and I like it (wouldn't bring in my original G1 as if it went missing...don't wanna think about it)

Yeah, probably the Universe One. Or if you have to have the slightly orangey yellow from the cartoon, and chrome, Henkei.

Mp19 confirmed as Streak, (NOT SUNSTREAKER - sorry DBK) for Sept.

A very small Masterpiece-heavy year..... I wonder if MP20 will be anything bigger?

Yeah, only half way through the year with their listings for masterpieces are Soundwave, tapes 1, tapes 2, Sideswipe in yellow, and 3 Datsuns. I'm broke with these Masterpieces and it's only January :)

MP 20 .... hmmmmmm... What other mould can they get loads of repaints out of? So if we get a Masterpiece Fort Max :P All 10 foot of him

MP 20 .... hmmmmmm...

20 seems like kind of a special number to me.... have we seen any larger Masterpiece toys hinted at?

Maybe one that can carry some Masterpiece cars?

I hope so as I've tons of them, or will have by August.

Dying for a decent Magnus

Rumour about a Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm? Wonder how true it is and prices and if Soundwave will have more minions? Think I'm going to just get him as a Takara edition anyhow.

You can probably expect $90 plus for a TRU Soundwave. Resellers kick in a bit more....by the time you're done, you might not have much change left over from the price of a Takara one.

Odds are deco would be more cartoon accurate?

Aye, probably right. With the amount of complaints of people trying to get a TRU OP (I managed to get one), I don't think it's worth the hassle. Going to bang in an order for Soundwave and the cassettes. Was watching the G1 cartoons recently and now I just want it. Before I was a bit hesitant. :)

Got Soundwave from the Sorting office first thing this morning.

The uspides are i appear to have no issues with paint, qc, engineering...although the panels on the side of his legs are so tight in spots it is a bit worrying..

The downsides, it just feels insubstantial and inconclusive. You move around a bunch of panels and a boxy robot turns into a box.

Laserbreak gets a nod because they managed to make it pretty complex considering how tiny it is, but i would say it's the major weak point of the toy.

It's just another Masterpiece that isn't necessarily a 'bad' toy, but somehow there's a lack of a sense of occasion about it.

It's going back in the box now, and i will probably forget about it for a while.

So i guess that's me saying "there are much better ways to spend the cash"

Again.

• Advertisement

Well, as I cancelled my pre-order they are now looking for 199 dollars for it instead of the 159 dollars I had it at. Now I'm REALLY hesitant. 200 quid for it, I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Cheers for the heads up, how do the tapes compare in size to the G1 originals?

Well, as I cancelled my pre-order they are now looking for 199 dollars for it instead of the 159 dollars I had it at. Now I'm REALLY hesitant. 200 quid for it, I don't think so.

As much as I love masterpieces, I can't afford that for something that essentially turns into a box. Perfectly happy with my G1 Reissue.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads up, how do the tapes compare in size to the G1 originals?

Folded, identical...i think.

170 euro for Soundwave delivered from TFsource.com. A lot of cash for a box.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Folded, identical...i think.

Oooh, interesting. I'm happy out with my re issue Soundblaster, but really like the look of the new tapes. If they're compatible I might pick a few up.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Oooh, interesting. I'm happy out with my re issue Soundblaster, but really like the look of the new tapes. If they're compatible I might pick a few up.

And a quick internet search reveals they're meant to be the same size. Nice one!

(Apologies for my lack of searching the internet myself earlier, I was replying from my phone!)

Back of Masterpice Soundwave's box shows him ejecting the original Ravage and Rumble.

Wondering if TT did themselves out of some sales there....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

170 euro for Soundwave delivered from TFsource.com. A lot of cash for a box.

'bout the same price as taking her to see a movie followed by dinner in a fancy restaurant.

I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement

Increasing rumors coming out from Hasbro Australia indicate a Hasbro version of Masterpiece Soundwave mid-to-late Summer, and price point around that of TRU MP10.

At that level, you can probably expect at least a few tapes.

Advertisement