Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day 2012

Options
  • 12-03-2012 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi!
    Does Anybody here living abroad have special plans for St. Patrick's Day? Would love to hear how expats are celebrating it around the world! (in smaller communities than NYC of course)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Going to head to Amsterdam I think have a few beers in the Irish bars (I usually never go to Irish bars :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

A friend emailed me with pics of the Paddys Day Parade in Munich yesterday. The Germans can never get the bloody day right. :rolleyes:

Looked a bit shite as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rick_ano

@keithclancy
    Try O'Casey's in The Hague, it's quite a jolly nice Irish bar, attracts a lot of internationals. Been there once.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Rick_ano wrote: »
    @keithclancy
    Try O'Casey's in The Hague, it's quite a jolly nice Irish bar, attracts a lot of internationals. Been there once.

Used to live in The Hague ;)

Their fryups used to be great until they started putting Salad into it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rick_ano

Good reason to move to Amsterdam! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

Will be hitting the Hague myself I reckon, I'll check out Grote markt, they have a thing there:

http://www.irishclub.nl/wiki/images/thumb/a/ac/2012.jpg/600px-2012.jpg

A good few pubs in that area to watch the rugby too I guess!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

We will be having a bbq with friends. I was in Ireland recently so I brought lots of "Irish" bits and pieces :D

There is an Irish Ball here this weekend but I had no interest in going.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Got a nob-do (as Dr Bill might say) with the Irish Consul at the Dverce Palace tonight. All the Irish in Zagreb will be there (probably about 10 of us in all likelihood). Festival on Saturday with some U2 cover band playing down at Trg Franje Tuđmana.

No plans as yet apart from tonight though... I work too many hours to think ahead very far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I shall be studying and drinking coffee in Costa!

I live in Beijing. It's just another day over here; no one in China has heard of the holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

I live in Beijing. It's just another day over here; no one in China has heard of the holiday.

And I'm back in the office. No Bank Holiday here. Time to stick on Tom Dunne I think (Phil Coulter interview I'm led to believe).

• Advertisement
Advertisement