Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

Not quite as being reported. Antrim have said they will be there on Saturday unless they hear otherwise. Listen back here: http://rte.ie/r.html?rii=b9_10581494_48_09-06-2016_

from about 1hr 39 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

What a shambles of an organisation. I admire Meath for throwing the ball back in the GAA's court.

There is a complete balls-up made of something year in year out. Their failure to deal with the obvious lob-sided funding. Their failure to deal with the oh-so-obvious anomalies in the rule book.

They can't even keep the correct score now.

They are becoming/have become a laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

largepants wrote: »
    What a shambles of an organisation. I admire Meath for throwing the ball back in the GAA's court.

There is a complete balls-up made of something year in year out. Their failure to deal with the obvious lob-sided funding. Their failure to deal with the oh-so-obvious anomalies in the rule book.

They can't even keep the correct score now.

They are becoming/have become a laughing stock.
    The most amateur thing about the GAA nowadays is the administration side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

paul0103 wrote: »
    Not quite as being reported. Antrim have said they will be there on Saturday unless they hear otherwise. Listen back here: http://rte.ie/r.html?rii=b9_10581494_48_09-06-2016_

from about 1hr 39 ish

I noticed Des closed the piece with " Back in the Meath court now ". This is the problem...keep the foot on the throat of the county, not D3 at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Meath should play their club games this weekend

It's a good excuse to not play county game on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Antrim rejecting the 18th on grounds they have to play Derry in Ulster SHC the day after.

This one is not going to end well.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Antrim rejecting the 18th on grounds they have to play Derry in Ulster SHC the day after.

This one is not going to end well.

But I don't think they have actually said that. I think the "unless the GAA tells us otherwise" is the most important quote from the Antrim secretary, yet nobody is picking up (or choosing not to report) on this. But as long as it looks like the GAA are the good guys in all of this I suppose.....

But I don't think they have actually said that. I think the "unless the GAA tells us otherwise" is the most important quote from the Antrim secretary, yet nobody is picking up (or choosing not to report) on this. But as long as it looks like the GAA are the good guys in all of this I suppose.....

I just posted what I heard.

I don't work for the fkn GAA. Just an ordinary member like yourself....

And it won't end well. You don't have to be a genius to realise that. And it is fault of neither county.

I just posted what I heard.

I don't work for the fkn GAA. Just an ordinary member like yourself....

And it won't end well. You don't have to be a genius to realise that. And it is fault of neither county.

Ha, that wasn't meant as a dig at you at all!!

Totally agree, it doesn't look like it will end well, but I still think it should be made clearer that Antrim aren't saying it's Saturday or nothing.

Ha, that wasn't meant as a dig at you at all!!

Totally agree, it doesn't look like it will end well, but I still think it should be made clearer that Antrim aren't saying it's Saturday or nothing.

Its becoming a bit like the LUAS talks now! All sides putting out what they think will cover their backs, and hoping the other one blinks.

It would be a pity if it ends up with one team not turning up and there being a walkover awarded, but it has all the appearances of that now.

Wouldn't be surprised if CP says nothing at all in response, and just wait to see if Meath do field!

I only heard about the result late on Saturday after watching the Dubs football, and it was genuinely the best result I'd heard all day, as I had not given Meath a hope.

Meath possibly made an error in mentioning June 18th. Might have suggested a date much later in year, maybe as part of a double or triple header in August?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Antrims twitter now say June 25 in Croke Park has been agreed

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/bbarry/date-christy-ring-cup-final-changed/

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

iDave wrote: »
    Antrims twitter now say June 25 in Croke Park has been agreed

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/bbarry/date-christy-ring-cup-final-changed/

I wonder if they will play the Ulser match the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Pleasantly surprised at that refixture, I didn't expect them to be so reasonable. I think the CCCC might have felt a bit more concillatory after fúcking us around so badly. Croke Park will be about 2% full but it's probably the least the 2 teams deserve after the bitterness this caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Good there's a solution but a tinge of regret. All that celebrating on Saturday for nothing.
    The element of surprise is now gone and I fear Antrim won't let us back into the game this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

as i siad on the christy ring fourm

why cant they play the replay at 11.45am on Sunday 26th June before the Leinster Senior Football Semi finals which could include the Meath footballers ???.

PP have Antrim at 1/3 and Meath at 11/4.

Was 1/6 and 11/2 last day.

Probably an accurate enough estimate. Would love to see Meath win it, no harm to Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    as i siad on the christy ring fourm

why cant they play the replay at 11.45am on Sunday 26th June before the Leinster Senior Football Semi finals which could include the Meath footballers ???.

Not sure there would be a big advantage to that. Not many would go into Croke Park as early as that. Maybe if it was a later start but thats incredibly early to be heading in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

If Meath make the Leinster semi final it will be vs Dublin. It would almost certainly be the biggest match of the day so will be at 4pm. There'd be no point having the 2 games over 4 hours apart. The meath football fans who'd attend a big hurling match won't bother going to the hurling if they've to sit around for hours afterwards for the main match.

If Meath make the Leinster semi final it will be vs Dublin. It would almost certainly be the biggest match of the day so will be at 4pm. There'd be no point having the 2 games over 4 hours apart. The meath football fans who'd attend a big hurling match won't bother going to the hurling if they've to sit around for hours afterwards for the main match.

That would make sense. I thought there was a minor football semi final on before but Meath are at home to Kildare I think in semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

So apparently, Meath are playing what's called a "football" game on Sunday.
    Footballers are probably delighted that there's been zero focus on them in the past 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

So apparently, Meath are playing what's called a "football" game on Sunday.
    Footballers are probably delighted that there's been zero focus on them in the past 5 days

Croke Park could do with some of the same level of security that will be in Paris, for the referee and linesmen, especially with that dangerous shower heading down to the capital this Sunday. :rolleyes:

Now that the CR debacle is over, i wonder what louth fans will have to moan about this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

Croke Park could do with some of the same level of security that will be in Paris, for the referee and linesmen, especially with that dangerous shower heading down to the capital this Sunday. :rolleyes:

Now that the CR debacle is over, i wonder what louth fans will have to moan about this weekend.

Leave them in Croker. Everyone else will be in Parnell Pk. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

mattser wrote: »
    Leave them in Croker. Everyone else will be in Parnell Pk. ;)

Thanks, would have looked like a tool hanging around the Big Tree on Sunday morning with my Meath shirt on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Team named for Sunday.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=256428

Meath (SFC v Louth): Paddy O'Rourke; Donnacha Tobin, Donal Keogan, Mickey Burke; Darragh Smyth, Padraic Harnan, Alan Douglas; Harry Rooney, Andrew Tormey; Cian O'Brien, Graham Reilly, Cillian O'Sullivan; Eamon Wallace, Dalton McDonagh, Michael Newman.

Decent team with 4 debutants: Smith, Douglas, O'Brien & O'Sullivan.

Good to see Douglas starting. Presume COB will move to midfield. Surprised to see Tobin back in action.
    Not confident at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Up Meath!!

Finally hitting the championship, seems a very subdued build up which might help.

McGill obviously isn't recovered, and McMahon as well. Would hope they'd become available and fit for future games. McHugh can feel hard done by in goals in my opinion and Paddy must get rid of the every game clanger or McHugh will inherit his spot. Is McEntee injured?

I think McMahon is fit actually. McGill probably won't be back unless we get well into August.
    Very disappointed POR got the nod between the sticks again. How many chances is he going to get?

What's the best bet for first Meath try scorer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭paul71

What's the best bet for first Meath try scorer?

Don't know, but on current form I would say Toner has shorter odds then either of the Carneys. ;)

Advertisement