Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Hopefully GAA see sense at move matches to later in the day on Sunday. Come on Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭paul71

Honestly there's no real excuse for Meath fans not to head to Croker on Saturday as well as Sunday. The hurlers were hung out to dry the first day out so hopefully the sense of injustice will bring more Meath fans out.

There was no good reason when you posted this. There is now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Meath v Dublin changed to 18:35 throw in on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Felexicon wrote: »
    Meath v Dublin changed to 18:35 throw in on Sunday

Attendance is really going to take a hit. Its very late to be leaving Dublin with kids in tow and all. Saturday would have been better if they could have swung it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

It will be killed - it's happened before - the real problem (and I wouldn't exclude myself!!) is sitting down at 1:30 to watch the Soccer - and not at home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

The hill could be green on sunday with the dubs wearing there irish jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

PaddyCar wrote: »
    The hill could be green on sunday with the dubs wearing there irish jerseys

I'll try and get them to chant COYBIG before the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Lots of Dublin supporters wouldn't be seen dead in a green jersey of any description :-)

Now, referring back to my question above. Any word on the Meath hurlers for Saturday?

Are the lads who were to go on J1s still here?

(Best of luck in it by the way.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Anyone able to point me in the direction of where to get Christy Ring tickets in Navan? Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

rpurfield wrote: »
    Anyone able to point me in the direction of where to get Christy Ring tickets in Navan? Cheers!!

Supervalu Beechmount I'd imagine. Or Johnstown if you're over that end of town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

paul0103 wrote: »
    Supervalu Beechmount I'd imagine. Or Johnstown if you're over that end of town.

Cheers, looking forward to going up to it, hopefully the first step of a Royal double in Croker this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

rpurfield wrote: »
    Cheers, looking forward to going up to it, hopefully the first step of a Royal double in Croker this weekend

Really hope so! I think we all know what to expect on Sunday, but I still have some confidence about Saturday. As long as we avoid a similar opening 20 minutes to the last day we have every chance.

Great idea to have an open training session last night, great to see such a great attendance too.

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/sport/gaa/articles/2016/06/23/4122139-successful-event-for-hurlers-at-dunganny-this-evening/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Have an awful feeling this weekend is going to be a pretty horrible one sportingly :(

If Ireland win it'll be quite funny to see the Dubs sing COYBIG :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Have an awful feeling this weekend is going to be a pretty horrible one sportingly :(

The 2013 league meeting with Cork was the same day as a big Six Nations win. I think (Clontarfs) Brian O'Driscoll got the winning try. We cheered every time (Corks) Brian O'Driscoll got the ball. :D

Yeah, I'm also a Meathman living in Kildare and will be supporting Kildare with the kids so I could be in a very bad place come 8.30 on Sunday night....
    On another note, does anyone know where the GAA grounds are in Summerhill? I looked on google maps but it's not very clear, I think it's beside the Medical centre but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

mickrourke wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm also a Meathman living in Kildare and will be supporting Kildare with the kids so I could be in a very bad place come 8.30 on Sunday night....
    On another note, does anyone know where the GAA grounds are in Summerhill? I looked on google maps but it's not very clear, I think it's beside the Medical centre but I could be wrong.

Dropped pin
    near Summerhill G.F.C, Co. Meath
    https://goo.gl/maps/EmPQD75wevs

It's on the right out the road to rathmolyon, only about 100 or 200m from The T Junction in the village

whatnext wrote: »
    Dropped pin

It's on the right out the road to rathmolyon, only about 100 or 200m from The T Junction in the village

Cheers for that, thats exactly where i thought but was not sure, was thinking of bringing the kids to see the ladies meath vs dublin match today, they're mad to go to some football!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

whatnext wrote: »
    Dropped pin

The best playing surface in the county in my footballing days.

On a related note, the ClubFinder App is brilliant for finding any club's grounds across Ireland.

Both Meath teams unchanged from their previous games. The Meath camogie team play Down in a curtain raiser for the hurlers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Good luck today against Antrim.

• Advertisement

Funny. We have a perfectly good goal ruled out, Antrim have a wide waved as a point but I can't see any "neutrals" clamouring for a replay if we go on to lose this.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Is hawk eye not working ??

4.12 to 3.15 wow just wow!

In extra time now Meath 4.16 Antrim 4.14
    C'mon da Royal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Wow
    Wow
    Wow

Great team effort I though the wides were going to kill them but they showed great composure at the end to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

No doubt about it now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Are we definitely sure this time?

4.21 to 5.17 Meath win after extra time. Nothing can describe that! The closest I come to it is 3rd replay comeback against Dublin in 1991. Magnificent.

Oh my god!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

hatchman wrote: »
    Is hawk eye not working ??

We can show them the jap eye now!

Advertisement