Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

So the Tyrone game is a 5pm throw in and will be on Sky Sports. Hurlers play Laois at 3pm to make it a double header.

€15 in is just about the right price too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Another loss for the hurlers. This time to Kerry 18 points to 16. Not helped by a red card for Alan Douglas in the first half.
    Only a win against Laois next weekend can save us from automatic relegation. Laois haven't been impressive so far having shipped heavy defeats to Kerry and Carlow already but I'd say they'll have too much for us.

U20s made it 2 from 2 by beating Kildare by a point in the Leinster championship. That should be enough to make it to the semi final automatically.

Wolfe Tones won the Comortas Peile na Gaeltachta in Donegal by beating An Cheathrú Rua of Galway 3-9 to 2-7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

U20s made it 2 from 2 by beating Kildare by a point in the Leinster championship. That should be enough to make it to the semi final automatically.

Wolfe Tones won the Comortas Peile na Gaeltachta in Donegal by beating An Cheathrú Rua of Galway 3-9 to 2-7.

At under 20, Leinster semi finals look like kildare v Dublin in one semi final and Meath in the other. Laois would need to beat Meath by 24 or 25 points or kildare lose quarter for it not to happen. Dublin are the still the team to beat at under 20 as they have dominated around this level for decade. Kildare have been their main challenger and with kildare having players from a minor winning leinster team they are genuine contenders. Offaly could be a long shot. But we look like real contenders also.

After ignoring underage for 10 years we have put in the work and our producing good footballers and very credible results, just need to now turn that into leinster titles. I think people didn't see Meath as contenders in leinster this year but minor results indicated they could be. They have players from minor team that hammered Dublin 2 years ago..And players that won minor leinster title last year v Dub's ( Under 17 inaugural leinster championship).

The game yesterday kildare was a repeat of the game which had players from both teams involved in a brillant minor semi final that went to extra time and kildare won 1 point two years ago. Yesterday again was a cracking gane which again was decided by 1 point ,this time in Meaths favour. This victory and Meath beating Galway in a challenge game at this level under 20 in recent weeks , would indicate Meath are definatly in the mix in leinster. Seen as Galway are one of the favs for under 20 All Ireland title. But Meath have had tendency to blow hot and cold at underage. We need more consistency and winning leinster titles is the next step at underage. If we dont serious questions must be asked. Dublin are still the team to beat at under 20. And kildare v Dublin semi final will be a massive game. At senior level leinster football championship is in dire straits. At minor and under 20 it is a more interesting and competitive leinster championship.

I've reached peak delusion tonight.

I think we can beat Tyrone this weekend.

You read it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Felexicon wrote: »
    I've reached peak delusion tonight.

You read it here first.

Too much sun for you, go lie down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Felexicon wrote:

No...thing is don't get the hopes up

But...Meath at home are tough to beat

Ah fk!! Now I'm thinking we can win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Felexicon wrote:

But...Meath at home are tough to beat

Are we?

Our home record aint that spectacular.

No tickets on tickets.ie? Surely not sold out already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Got tickets in Centra today and they use the tickets.ie portal for them, I think tickets.ie only do tickets in the post so maybe they take them down when they won't get them out in time?

• Advertisement

rpurfield wrote: »
    Got tickets in Centra today and they use the tickets.ie portal for them, I think tickets.ie only do tickets in the post so maybe they take them down when they won't get them out in time?

Yeah got sorted in Super Valu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

going for a titanic battle with 6 point loss and us blame the ref / tyrone antics on the loss / robbery
    with talk of unlucky not to reach super 8s next week

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

COME ON THE ROYALS!!!!

Best of luck today to all the lads, let's all get behind them and make our way to Navan if at all possible.

sc86 wrote: »
    going for a titanic battle with 6 point loss and us blame the ref / tyrone antics on the loss / robbery
    with talk of unlucky not to reach super 8s next week
    Do you honestly think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

As bad as we are, with tyrone missing some players, and cavanagh retired, i would not be surprised if we did win later, do i think we will, very unlikely, that would probably require a change of tactics, and thats definitely not going to happen, i expect it'll be terrible to watch with Tyrone winning but it could be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Planning for my three hour trip up to Navan for this, hope it is a bit better fare than last year vs Donegal, because that nearly put me off football for life :(

I take it tickets are still for sale in Supervalu/Centra?

Back to the Christy Ring it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭enricoh

14 lads back in defense and Tyrone could of had 4 goals. Lucky to be only 2 down.
    Will the penny drop for the second half to stick an extra man on their number 15. Neutralise him n Tyrone have sod all happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Some very impressive scores but no structure at the back, would love if we came out and played man to man in the second half and give a good go nothing to lose.

Tyrone look like score a goal with every attack, we are winning ball in midfield but Tyrone win every high ball into our defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

This is a home game for Mayo in Limerick! 9 in 10 here are for Mayo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

This is a home game for Mayo in Limerick! 9 in 10 here are for Mayo...

In fairness they always travel well.

If the tactic of graham reilly playing between the full back line and centre back line is to surprise tyrone into kicking some incredible wides, well then its working a treat

How very predictable that last play was.

So defensive, yet nobody can defend

Furious.
    Well done to the players for giving it their all but properly seething.
    Not one to blame refs but he did not help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

That ref was a joke
    He gave so many soft frees all game then didn't give the blatant one at the end

Meath should have pushed up on the Tyrone kick outs earlier in normal time too

I thought refs played for draws!!!
    Jesus christ thats annoying.

Ah lads, while i taught the ref was poor to, we cant blame anyone but ourselves, we couldnt see the game out with 1min to go, as for the ref, he also didnt play advantage for tyrone on a couple of occassions when they were in for goals, and they also kicked so many wides, they could have won by about 5 or 6 points inside 70mins, great effort by the players but i really cant have any complaints, just fell short

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Ben Brennan's free that hit the post to go two up was a killer.

• Advertisement

It's the hope that really kills you!

Advertisement