Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Anyhoo..... moving on

K Reilly is supposedly having a hip operation in October that will see him out of action till spring at the earliest.

I sincerely hope all goes well for him

http://www.hoganstand.com/meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=224443

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

The lad has such bad luck. Will we see him in a Meath jersey again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

I thought Frank Lynch was a bitter auld fella with his comments on Scannal, even the Louth guys at work told me they were embarrassed by them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Boyneboy

chrysagon wrote: »
    I thought Frank Lynch was a bitter auld fella with his comments on Scannal, even the Louth guys at work told me they were embarrassed by them!

Frank Lynch was dead right. At the end of the day Throw Sherdian cheated.

Boyneboy wrote: »

To quote Justin Timberlake 'Cry Me a River'

• Advertisement

iDave wrote: »
    To quote Justin Timberlake 'Cry Me a River'

To quote Radiohead "Karma Police"

To quote Radiohead "Karma Police"

Oh good one

Well for the Disney fan in you 'Let it Go' :D

Oh good one

Another classic Radiohead quote
    "Dont leave me high and dry"

prefer ABBA...winner takes it all...

• Advertisement

prefer ABBA...winner takes it all...[/quote

Nah Oasis Roll with it would suit you better.

Oh good one

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Since you're such a Radiohead fan maybe you should try singing

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here.

Since you're such a Radiohead fan maybe you should try singing

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here.

Ah great choice mo chara. My fav Radiohead song. Out around 1992 of the Pablo honey album.

When did this thread become a sing-a-long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Right the sing song is over and the troll has been dealt with - move on please :)

NFL 2015
    1 February: Galway v Meath

7/8 February: Meath v Kildare

28 February/1 March: Roscommon v Meath

7/8 March: Meath v Westmeath

14/15 March: Meath v Laois

28/29 March: Down v Meath

5 April: Meath v Cavan

4 homes games. Home for derby games against Kildare, Laois, Westmeath and Cavan.
    Final day clash to send Cavan back down and go up ourselves perhaps. Lemlin wont be seen here for months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Do ye think that the home game against Kildare might be a curtain raiser for the Dublin Donegal game or do the Meath county board have a bit of pride?

No pride whatsoever sure it'll probably end up in Newbridge :rolleyes:

Playing Galway and Kildare in the first two games would surely focus the minds of both the players and of management, seeing as both teams would be the two other main competitors for promotion. It would mean that if we do want to achieve promotion a strong start is essential.

I do feel that if this team is to go anywhere then we need to be playing division 1 in the league as soon as possible. 4 home games including the main derby matches will surely give us a chance.

Can't see them moving the Kildare match as I'm sure the county board would rather keep the gate for the Dunganny and Pairc Tailteann developments.

• Advertisement

looks a favourable draw...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

When a team gives up home advantage are they generally not given money to sweeten the deal? Fairly sure thats what happened when Kildare moved their matches to Croke Park. Or when Waterford agreed to play a championship match against Tipp in Thurles a few years ago.

Yeah we'd want to be getting at least 2 out of 4 points from those first two games. Ideally get a win in Galway to have less of a 'must win' feel against Kildare. Down away will be tricky. We don't travel to Ulster very well.
    Should be max points against the others. Problem is, just like Armagh game when Meath teams need to go out and make it happen for themselves they fall short.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No excuses if we don't get promoted next season. Division 2 will be much weaker than this season. Three tough away days though at least there aren't any extremely long trips.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Do ye think that the home game against Kildare might be a curtain raiser for the Dublin Donegal game or do the Meath county board have a bit of pride?

Have they ever had a Division 2 game in Croke Park bar the semi or final?

I think the away games against Roscommon and Down will be tough. Down have a new manager so it's hard to know what to expect.

At least there's a chance for revenge against Cavan. They've gone backwards from two years ago.

I admire the optimism here but I won't be expecting promotion. Hoping for it but not expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Pipjam wrote: »
    Have they ever had a Division 2 game in Croke Park bar the semi or final?

Kildare v Tyrone in the opening round of fixtures in 2012 was in Croke Park.

Pipjam wrote: »
    I admire the optimism here but I won't be expecting promotion. Hoping for it but not expecting it.

There's absolutely no reason we can't beat every one of those teams in the division. Promotion is a realistic expectation in my view.

Every other team is likely to see Meath as promotion challengers and despite the glass-half-full attitudes of some Meath people we should be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Hibbeler wrote: »
    There's absolutely no reason we can't beat every one of those teams in the division. Promotion is a realistic expectation in my view.

Every other team is likely to see Meath as promotion challengers and despite the glass-half-full attitudes of some Meath people we should be

I think that you meant "glass half empty".

I think that promotion is doable and it will be a significant measure of the management team. Let's hope that there are no more injuries as we will need as full a panel as possible to get promotion.

dixiefly wrote: »
    I think that you meant "glass half empty".

I think that promotion is doable and it will be a significant measure of the management team. Let's hope that there are no more injuries as we will need as full a panel as possible to get promotion.

Yeah I meant a negative attitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I'm happy enough with that league draw to be honest, the away games couldve been worse!! As said above a good start is crucial, I think we need to be aiming at division 1 to be improving for the championship.

On another note whats the situation with season tickets? I'm finally off shift work so I'm aiming for not missing a game and also starting to bring the kids along. Is it worth getting, as I never have hassle getting championship tickets from the club and I honestly don't think we will be scrambling for tickets this time next year for the final!!

Advertisement