Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Brouhaha - She Wore Lace

• 12-03-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

She Wore Lace

This is one we've had floating around for ages. Finally got to finish it off.

As always, all constructive comments (good or bad) appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i think youve really got it coming together now ,

the only critique i have is the drums are little bit too busy ;)
    and a bit far forward a touch

but youre really getting the overall punch and balance of everything to my ears wayyyyyyy more improved than early mixes .

( you been woodshedding ?? :pac: )

nice job , well done

i will have to bang up some of my attempts soon , as ive been busy trying to hone my mix / engineer skills like yourself - too late to stop now :) pity i didnt know it would be alot tougher to do than i thought.
    but i guess half the fun is the learning .

you learn to truly appreciate the skills of a good engineer when you start doing it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

DaDumTish wrote: »
    the only critique i have is the drums are little bit too busy ;)
    and a bit far forward a touch

I'd expect that from a singer or guitarist, but that's pure blasphemy coming from another drummer! To be fair, aside from the main kit, I do have a lot of percussive stuff going on in there too. We were kind of looking for a modern take on the 80s & 90s Manchester rhythms.

I didn't mix this one either, but we did want it to really rock along because it's such a rhythmic track. I've started using the bounce facility on SD & then mixing the wavs in Pro Tools. There's so much flexibility with SD. Love it!

For me, the mixing side is a means to an end. I much prefer writing, recording & arranging. I don’t have the patience (or ears) to do justice to mixing.

Totally agree with you about the pro engineers – hats off to them for making it seem easy. It's bloody tough work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    I'd expect that from a singer or guitarist, but that's pure blasphemy coming from another drummer! [/QUOTE

yeah , i know , im a c*nt ;):pac:

Advertisement